The Official South Florida Discussion Thread

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Ocean Drive just caught another body.

Tourist stay wylin on SoBe. It’s an age old tradition. Dating back to when up North Gangsters used to have vacation homes on Miami Beach. They have no respect for the beach. :snoop:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Before I moved from Miami, used to always go to the 79th St Flea for my cuts.

Haven’t been there since 2018, needed a cut this past month…tried to hit up my old barber. Dawg….it used to be 85-90% black vendors, the rest being mostly Asian, maybe throw in a few white hispanics. With the customer base being 95% black, 5% brown/white hispanic.

Now? Vendors are probably 80% Asian, Middle Eastern, White Hispanic. Customers 70% black, 30% brown/white hispanic.

My barber used to have a decent sized booth in a alright location…now he’s way in the back, in a corner. White hispanic chick got his old booth.

shyt was legitimately depressing to me as you can legit see the economy flowing out of black hands and into other communities.

To top all that, I see they’re building a few new apartment complexes near 79th St all hispanic workers. And I assume the residents will be predominantly white/brown Hispanic.

(On the flip side, even if they are small businesses, black businesses gotta innovate, refresh, change shyt up a bit over time. Black customers don’t mind spending money with ‘outside’ communities, especially if the packaging and ‘atmosphere’ is better)

I feel/know Liberty City will be displaced, but where will all those people go? Florida City? Miami Gardens?

Last edited:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
And it’s not just Liberty City….North Miami has changed a lot in terms of demographics imo.

Went to Presidente on 125th to get them watermelon sodas….all the cashiers were white hispanic females, most of the workers were white hispanics. Came across one black dude…spoke to him and he was Hispanic himself.

Went to go pay for the sodas, asked the cashier if there was a recent change in ownership….”eh do you speak Spanish?” :mjtf::wow:

I don’t mind the influx of white hispanics and new money…..but the fact that Presidente had pretty much an entirely all white hispanic employees (before it was mixed evenly)…..and the customers still remain a mix of Haitian/Hispanic/AA is an indicator about how shyts gonna play out.

All money out, just lil bit of money in. North Miami gonna be Little Hialeah by 2030.

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
And it just Liberty City….North Miami has changed a lot in terms of demographics imo.

Went to Presidente on 125th to get them watermelon sodas….all the cashiers were white hispanic females, most of the workers were white hispanics. Came across one black dude…spoke to him and he was Hispanic himself.

Went to go pay for the sodas, asked the cashier if there was a recent change in ownership….”eh do you speak Spanish?” :mjtf::wow:

I don’t mind the influx of white hispanics and new money…..but the fact that Presidente had pretty much an entirely all white hispanic employees (before it was mixed evenly)…..and the customers still remain a mix of Haitian/Hispanic/AA is an indicator about how shyts gonna play out.

All money out, just lil bit of money in. North Miami gonna be Little Hialeah by 2030.

Haven’t been there since 2018, needed a cut this past month…tried to hit up my old barber. Dawg….it used to be 85-90% black vendors, the rest being mostly Asian, maybe throw a few white hispanics. With the customer base being 95% black, 5% brown/white hispanic.

Now? Vendors are probably 80% Asian, Middle Eastern, White Hispanic. Customers 70% black, 30% brown/white hispanic.

My barber used to have a decent sized boot in alright location…now he’s was in the back, in a corner. White hispanic chick got his old booth.

shyt was legitimately depressing to me as you can legit the economy flowing out of black hands and into other communities.

To top all that, I see they’re building a few new apartment complexes near 79th St all hispanic workers. And I assume the residents will be predominantly white/brown Hispanic.

(On the flip side, even if they are small businesses, black businesses got innovate, refresh, change shyt up a bit over time. Black customers don’t mind spending money with ‘outside’ communities, especially if the packaging and ‘atmosphere’ is better)

I feel/know Liberty City will be displaced, but where will all those people go? Florida City? Miami Gardens?
that's wild, you see a lot of northern transplants or cali transplants?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
And it just Liberty City….North Miami has changed a lot in terms of demographics imo.

Hispanic people got priced out of their traditional strongholds & started moving into black hoods. The same thing is happening all over America. They trying to push all the nikkas into the boonies

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

Haven’t been there since 2018, needed a cut this past month…tried to hit up my old barber. Dawg….it used to be 85-90% black vendors, the rest being mostly Asian, maybe throw a few white hispanics. With the customer base being 95% black, 5% brown/white hispanic.

My barber used to have a decent sized boot in alright location…now he’s was in the back, in a corner. White hispanic chick got his old booth.

shyt was legitimately depressing to me as you can legit the economy flowing out of black hands and into other communities.

(On the flip side, even if they are small businesses, black businesses got innovate, refresh, change shyt up a bit over time. Black customers don’t mind spending money with ‘outside’ communities, especially if the packaging and ‘atmosphere’ is better)

Thought the 79 street fle got shut down a while back..

Anyway, miami is like 70%+ hispanic, and growing most likely, should be expected.. in 70-80s, there was like 50% white and its down to just above 10%.. They just picked up and bounced..

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Thought the 79 street fle got shut down a while back..

I believe the USA Flea, around the corner, is the one that got shut down.

The same thing is happening all over America. They trying to push all the nikkas into the boonies
With North Miami it’s going to be mostly Haitian-Americans being displaced, and with Liberty City mostly being OG Black Americans displaced.

The dynamic between those two groups are way better than the early 90s. But any time a group gets displaced….there’s gonna be tension with the original demographic. So Haitians & AAs being bottled necked into Florida City & Miami Gardens…is most likely gonna create even bigger problems crime & violence wise.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
USA Flea been shut down for years...

Northside Flea Market been getting cleaned up for years too since they got bought out. It's no surprise they have new vendors.

That Walmart is frequented by Black and Brown ppl. Presumably those new apartments they build where USA Flea will be as well.

Presidente Supermarket is a Latino business, no surprise that it's Latino employees.

If you swing by pork and beans you'll see everything is gone there too, but the residents are getting moved to new housing.

shyt is getting cleaned up and that's a good thing.

I'll say this, though. The community is 100% changing. Almost all of the home sales are going to Latino ppl..i see it first hand cause I stay in that area. My mom's house is a block away from West Little River elementary

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
USA Flea been shut down for years...

Northside Flea Market been getting cleaned up for years too since they got bought out. It's no surprise they have new vendors.

That Walmart is frequented by Black and Brown ppl. Presumably those new apartments they build where USA Flea will be as well.

Presidente Supermarket is a Latino business, no surprise that it's Latino employees.

If you swing by pork and beans you'll see everything is gone there too, but the residents are getting moved to new housing.

shyt is getting cleaned up and that's a good thing.

I'll say this, though. The community is 100% changing. Almost all of the home sales are going to Latino ppl..i see it first hand cause I stay in that area. My mom's house is a block away from West Little River elementary
So you from A2V2E

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
And it’s not just Liberty City….North Miami has changed a lot in terms of demographics imo.

North Miami is changing a lot. A lot of Hispanic people have been moving in. I assume black folks are heading to Broward.