The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Mannn I’ve never gotten into the OC, felt it was too Dwight for my likings.

but a fellow film room breh can’t be wrong in good tv. I gotta be open minded as the Queen of Film Room, so when I can find a way to binge it I’ll give it a shot.

Queen, you don’t even come to The Challenge threads no more:francis:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seth Cohen one of my favorite characters all time :wow:
Surprised Adam Brody didn't blow up.

Mannn I’ve never gotten into the OC, felt it was too Dwight for my likings.

but a fellow film room breh can’t be wrong in good tv. I gotta be open minded as the Queen of Film Room, so when I can find a way to binge it I’ll give it a shot.
IIRC, the first two seasons were dope, fell off after that.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surprised Adam Brody didn't blow up.

IIRC, the first two seasons were dope, fell off after that.

4 is good and 1 is an all timer. 3 is dreadful and even in season 2 the quality starts to wane a bit

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4 is good and 1 is an all timer. 3 is dreadful and even in season 2 the quality starts to wane a bit
I think I started to stop giving a fukk when
Oliver
came on, there was a shift.

I might've finished 2, did a little of 3 and came back for the series finale.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched this on HBO and thought it was really good at nailing how a young kid would react to having superpowers :ehh:

Forgot about the foster family angle with Billy, but it was a good element for him to come into his own as a hero.

Some unexpected castings I didn't know were in the film like Seth Cohen, Young Angela from Watchmen, Evan from Fresh off the Boat, and ol dude from TWD.

Also an unexpected Santa Claus :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This movie really wasn’t a bad movie

But it’s just plagued with EVERYTHING that for years many have shytted on past comic book moves for and claimed they hated or were bad.

That does feel suspicious:ld:
And what were those things specifically?:jbhmm:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
And what were those things specifically?:jbhmm:

Too much comedy
Too many quips and jokes
Weak forgettable villain
Predictable plot
No stakes
Spoonfed drivel

oh the normal:ld:

Again not saying it’s a bad movie, but it does many of the things other movies have done and got shytted on for doing but this gets praise

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Too much comedy
Too many quips and jokes
Weak forgettable villain
Predictable plot
No stakes
Spoonfed drivel

oh the normal:ld:

Again not saying it’s a bad movie, but it does many of the things other movies have done and got shytted on for doing but this gets praise
Only push back I would give on that is the fact that if any comic book movie should be lightweight and goofy it is SHAZAM.

And I would disagree that Sivana was weak and forgettable...I thought Mark Strong did a pretty good job in the role and, for a movie that was very low stakes, Sivana was a hard core goon.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Only push back I would give on that is the fact that if any comic book movie should be lightweight and goofy it is SHAZAM.

And I would disagree that Sivana was weak and forgettable...I thought Mark Strong did a pretty good job in the role and, for a movie that was very low stakes, Sivana was a hard core goon.

Maybe on your first pushback.... but they went full HAM with that direction. Was a little overkill.

I just know when people make certain complaints it’s more agenda driven and trolling than how they actually feel. Some of the people that loved this movie hated hard on others that was very similar in style, tone, story, etc

To me if I had to compare it to say Green Lantern. GL was a better movie.

And it’s just sad at the timing of when it was released, cuz let’s just say GL was released today and after both Aquaman (another loopy comedy) and this. GL would be insanely successful and RR would be killing it for both Marvel and DC maybe to the point he’d probably have to choose who to be more loyal to.

I have no issues with this movie and try to shyt on it..... consistency just had to matter at some point when we attempt to judge and justify

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Maybe on your first pushback.... but they went full HAM with that direction. Was a little overkill.

I just know when people make certain complaints it’s more agenda driven and trolling than how they actually feel. Some of the people that loved this movie hated hard on others that was very similar in style, tone, story, etc

To me if I had to compare it to say Green Lantern. GL was a better movie.

And it’s just sad at the timing of when it was released, cuz let’s just say GL was released today and after both Aquaman (another loopy comedy) and this. GL would be insanely successful and RR would be killing it for both Marvel and DC maybe to the point he’d probably have to choose who to be more loyal to.

I have no issues with this movie and try to shyt on it..... consistency just had to matter at some point when we attempt to judge and justify
I think GL would have gotten shyt on no matter when it came out just because there were too many hands in the mix instead of letting one creative team have the control to make the movie they wanted to make. Also the Parallax thing was a bit too close to the awfulness of Galactus in FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer for people not to crap all over it. Its a shame because I don't think GL was nearly as bad as folks like to act like it is.

And I'm past looking for consistency from the folks who have chosen sides in the CBM wars. I'm happy to be getting these movies no matter what company they are from. Hell, I'm still excited to see that New Mutants movie now that it has a release date again.