The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they do make this movie, they need to keep it in the tone of iron man. Captain Marvel is not a dark character and as long as it doesn't get too goofy it should succeed. It'll be a nice counterpoint to man of steel/dark knight.

Embrace the giant robots, and the fact that the main character is a kid

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
actually I do.....what part of not stopping him don't you understand?....that's what i consider beating him...stopping him to the point he doesnt keep coming, by either knocking him unconscious, killing him, or wearing him out that much.....them yelling shazam would slow supes down, hurt him even, but supes would keep coming....and the sec billy or adam didn't say shazam, supes can stop them....the min they aren't powered up, he can stop them...

as for zatanna: she'd have to say something from far away and/or get the drop on supes for her to beat him...cause she's helped him be less weak against magic by teaching him spells.....

...but yea, you're correct: he is weak against magic, just like any other individual that doesn't have some type of magical/supernatural defense...
Zatanna doesnt need to speak to use her magic all the time and can even spell it out with her blood. you take to many variables into this just to try and justify superoverratedman. stop

All she has to do is say "pots" If it takes her getting the drop on him to win, then it takes him getting the drop on her to win right? There's a reason why there's a new arc of Justice league Dark built upon magicians

superman is beatable, im sorry :manny:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
actually I do.....what part of not stopping him don't you understand?....that's what i consider beating him...stopping him to the point he doesnt keep coming, by either knocking him unconscious, killing him, or wearing him out that much.....them yelling shazam would slow supes down, hurt him even, but supes would keep coming....and the sec billy or adam didn't say shazam, supes can stop them....the min they aren't powered up, he can stop them...

as for zatanna: she'd have to say something from far away and/or get the drop on supes for her to beat him...cause she's helped him be less weak against magic by teaching him spells.....

...but yea, you're correct: he is weak against magic, just like any other individual that doesn't have some type of magical/supernatural defense...
Well first of all black adam doesnt have to say his word..he lives AS black adam and in fact if he said the word he would turn into a dried out corpse mummy. And idk why you think superman would "keep coming" when its been proven weaker guys (doomsday) can punch him to death. shazam has the stamina of atlas; he doesnt tire. There really isnt a feasable way superman SHOULD beat shazam

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should do away with Batson. Just like Thor did away with Blake. The kid part is gonna make it harder to pull off IMO and keep it serious.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They should do away with Batson. Just like Thor did away with Blake. The kid part is gonna make it harder to pull off IMO and keep it serious.
I think that the whole wish fulfillment, "Big" aspect is going to be the angle they take with this movie.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I think the opposite. Billy is what makes the charactor great...it seperates him from others in terms of identity and personality and a kid lead role sells much much better

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think the opposite. Billy is what makes the charactor great...it seperates him from others in terms of identity and personality and a kid lead role sells much much better

Yeah, it would be stupid to remove the most distinctive part of the character, especially since he'll already be inevitably compared to Superman.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Agreed. Billy is a great character overall and that kid inside grown up superhero body is gonna be fukking jokes at points. Dude is funny as fukk in the cartoons and shyt. It'll be fun

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zatanna doesnt need to speak to use her magic all the time and can even spell it out with her blood. you take to many variables into this just to try and justify superoverratedman. stop

All she has to do is say "pots" If it takes her getting the drop on him to win, then it takes him getting the drop on her to win right? There's a reason why there's a new arc of Justice league Dark built upon magicians

superman is beatable, im sorry :manny:

in the first reply to you I said I think superman is beatable lol.....anyway, I'm not trying to make variables, that's yall and others that dont like superman....they dont like the character cause he is overpowered and pretty much a god, so they always try to think of ways to knock him and reasons he can be beat....but that doesn't mean he's a bad character nor overrated...but that's whatever, cool having a discussion with you....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well first of all black adam doesnt have to say his word..he lives AS black adam and in fact if he said the word he would turn into a dried out corpse mummy. And idk why you think superman would "keep coming" when its been proven weaker guys (doomsday) can punch him to death. shazam has the stamina of atlas; he doesnt tire. There really isnt a feasable way superman SHOULD beat shazam

I know this about adam....the reason I say he would keep coming is cause he would unless you knock him out....doomsday's didn't punch him to death lol....he beat him cause supes ran out of energy/power, like a battery does (I know you were just being sarcastic).....

the fact that shazam doesn't live as captain marvel and lives most his life as billy, supes could beat him the sec he doesn't say shazam...

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
I fukks with billy and black adam, but yall taking this 'better than superman' shyt a lil too far....they not seeing supe...although, I would highly enjoy a properly done 'kingdom come' film....the scene when billy shows up on the battlefield against supe would be amazing on screen.....

as for this news: great if it gets made...there's been talk about it for awhile, and the rock has been attached to it...he'd make a great black adam like others have said....dont know who they could get to be captain marvel though....
supes is vulnerable to magic, which black adam and shazam are they fukk him up

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I know this about adam....the reason I say he would keep coming is cause he would unless you knock him out....doomsday's didn't punch him to death lol....he beat him cause supes ran out of energy/power, like a battery does (I know you were just being sarcastic).....

the fact that shazam doesn't live as captain marvel and lives most his life as billy, supes could beat him the sec he doesn't say shazam...
but why would he engage in battle with superman as billy batson :heh:

Captain Marvel OR Black adam isn't losing a battle to superman. Black Adam has been sonning on the entire DCU for like a decade and WW3 he was ripping guys in half. There is nothing superman could do TO black adam or Shazam that could affect them...their invulnerability is off the charts and even youre are effectively agreeing with me by proposing that they'd fight superman as BILLY BATSON or TETH ADAM