The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So we're making official threads on movies that aren't even officially announced yet? I want a Shazam movie as much as the next guy with a lick of sense but rumors be rumors.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Shouldn't be that hard to get this made though because the initial script had already been written and I think they even had a director attached but WB shelved it in favor of doing Man of Steel first.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yall gonna be real upset when they shelf Black Adam for this guy
Dr.Sivana.gif

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
didnt know who this cat was ..till i saw him on flashpoint paradox.......but in that universe...it was a couple of kids who combined to make Cap M. right?
found that a bit more interesting than just havin 1 kid turn into him..

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can they use the name "Captain Marval"?
DCcan call the character Captain Marvel but they can't use Captain Marvel in the title of anything featuring the character. That is why all of the comic books/dvds that featured the character were always titled some derivation of Shazam (The Power of Shazam, Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam!, Superman/Shazam) even the TV show from the 1970s was called Shazam.
That is why DC has made the move in the comics currently to just call the character Shazam because it makes it easier considering the copyright issue plus most people who are not comic book heads just refer to the character as Shazam anyway.
My mom was over my house while I had the Flashpoint Paradox movie on and she was like "why Wonder Woman killing Shazam?".