The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I fukks with billy and black adam, but yall taking this 'better than superman' shyt a lil too far....they not seeing supe...although, I would highly enjoy a properly done 'kingdom come' film....the scene when billy shows up on the battlefield against supe would be amazing on screen.....

only thing stopping them from beating superman would be him covering their mouth to prevent them from saying shazam most likely. superman is weak against magic, they'd whoop him. I hate superman fans. he's not unbeatable

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only thing stopping them from beating superman would be him covering their mouth to prevent them from saying shazam most likely. superman is weak against magic, they'd whoop him. I hate superman fans. he's not unbeatable

lol...you can hate away cause i am and will always be a supes fan....but I don't think he unbeatable....as for them beating him, them saying shazam over and over wouldn't beat him...it would be annoying, painful, and irritate him, but it wouldn't knock him out nor kill him...and the sec they didn't say it, they'd lose...or if he grabs them when they aren't powered up, they lose...

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
I'm worried the movie might be too much like superman for the reulgar viewers. A fight between Shazam and Black Adam will probably end up like the end fight in Man of steel, not necessary a bad thing.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm worried the movie might be too much like superman for the reulgar viewers. A fight between Shazam and Black Adam will probably end up like the end fight in Man of steel, not necessary a bad thing.
I would guess they would play up the kid angle more with a lot of Billy Batson scenes as a way to differentiate it from Superman.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
lol...you can hate away cause i am and will always be a supes fan....but I don't think he unbeatable....as for them beating him, them saying shazam over and over wouldn't beat him...it would be annoying, painful, and irritate him, but it wouldn't knock him out nor kill him...and the sec they didn't say it, they'd lose...or if he grabs them when they aren't powered up, they lose...
you must not read comics. what part of superman is weak against magic dont you understand? Zatanna can beat superman

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
He wouldnt beat a superman/superboy prime tho....cause that nikka is pretty broken. took like 4 flashes to beat him. but I hate prime ha

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I just don't trust WB at this time to have faith in this move being any good. All these announcements...man I just don't have faith in ANY of the DC movies right now.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's going to be a difficult movie to pull off because Shazam can be really cheesy and the fact that he's a kid won't appeal to most older males.

But you only got one shot at this, so no doubt they'd have Black Adam involved and have an incredible fight to try to draw people in.

This ^^^

I would consider myself a more casual comic movie fan. The main reason I like the DC films better ie. Batman and the MOS is becaus they were darker. To me all of the Marvel movies in comparrison feel like they are for children or are more comedic in nature.

I don't even like superman as a character but I like MOS. It hard for me to explain but if they go for kid style movie how is that going to fit into the darker more gritty dc world.

And if they go the marvel route I'm won't fuk with them anymore.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you must not read comics. what part of superman is weak against magic dont you understand? Zatanna can beat superman

actually I do.....what part of not stopping him don't you understand?....that's what i consider beating him...stopping him to the point he doesnt keep coming, by either knocking him unconscious, killing him, or wearing him out that much.....them yelling shazam would slow supes down, hurt him even, but supes would keep coming....and the sec billy or adam didn't say shazam, supes can stop them....the min they aren't powered up, he can stop them...

as for zatanna: she'd have to say something from far away and/or get the drop on supes for her to beat him...cause she's helped him be less weak against magic by teaching him spells.....

...but yea, you're correct: he is weak against magic, just like any other individual that doesn't have some type of magical/supernatural defense...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wouldnt beat a superman/superboy prime tho....cause that nikka is pretty broken. took like 4 flashes to beat him. but I hate prime ha

lol we just gonna disagree on these characters cause I love prime....at least up until they fukked the character up with the adult version of him...