The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Maybe its just me, but why does the Rock need his own Black Adam solo film? He's a villain and although hes the main villain of Shazam/Captain marvel, he is not mainstream enough for most people to know who he is. This would be like if they took Killmonger out of the Black Panther script and gave him his own movie. It just doesn't make sense to me, and I am certain this was the Rock's idea and not the executies at DC/Warner Bros.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Maybe its just me, but why does the Rock need his own Black Adam solo film? He's a villain and although hes the main villain of Shazam/Captain marvel, he is not mainstream enough for most people to know who he is. This would be like if they took Killmonger out of the Black Panther script and gave him his own movie. It just doesn't make sense to me, and I am certain this was the Rock's idea and not the executives at DC/Warner Bros.
I assume he was going to be the villain early on but Rock decided to push for his own movie sometime in the last few years and WB probably weren't apposed to it after seeing how the last few DCEU films have been received and the run Rock's been on lately.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
I assume he was going to be the villain early on but Rock decided to push for his own movie sometime in the last few years and WB probably weren't apposed to it after seeing how the last few DCEU films have been received and the run Rock's been on lately.
But it just doesn't make sense. The Rock is such a gloryhound.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Maybe its just me, but why does the Rock need his own Black Adam solo film? He's a villain and although hes the main villain of Shazam/Captain marvel, he is not mainstream enough for most people to know who he is. This would be like if they took Killmonger out of the Black Panther script and gave him his own movie. It just doesn't make sense to me, and I am certain this was the Rock's idea and not the executies at DC/Warner Bros.

Black Adam has a interesting origin story imo before he was a villain.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The idea of making a superhero origin film,and then a villain origin film and then having them face off in a third film is really dope. If that’s the plan.

M Night just did it with unbreakable,split and now glass.

We all know why it would happen is rock star power but doesn’t mean it can’t work really well.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Padding around the arms still looks suspect but it's only a photo.
I think the vibe they are going for is goofy, corny and cheesy... which is what the Captain Marvel books always were (one of his main villains is a worm and he's friends with an anthromorphic tiger), so I've been assuming a muscle suit was chosen to fit in with that ridiculous tone. :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Deadpool wasn't mainstream enough
Ant Man wasn't mainstream enough

It can be done.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Comic con leaks :mjlol:

Warner Bros. what is you doing???

I beat the mouse is behind this :mjpls: