The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Complain..... about niccas complaining..... that ain’t even complaining brehs:lolbron:

giphy.gif

Martha

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@jayshiggs this looks like a good testing ground for the next iteration of superman.

if this turns out to be a big hit i wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a superman in the same spirit and tone.
You got to remember Superman is an adult and Captain Marvel is a kid in an adult body. Even in the comics, no matter to the age (Golden age, bronze age, etc.) the tone, feel, and characterizations has been very different.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
You got to remember Superman is an adult and Captain Marvel is a kid in an adult body. Even in the comics, no matter to the age (Golden age, bronze age, etc.) the tone, feel, and characterizations has been very different.

True but I think his talking about overall tone, the Superman that Synder has presented is not Superman.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

We have gone over it and I disagree, we can go back and forth for days but I stand by my initial statement.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I respect that but numbers talk, based on the contrast between what Marvel is doing and what DC is doing I think the general consensus is that they are failing.
I doubt that is based solely on Superman. Many different factors are at play. Besides the studio interference most of those factors don't bother me. Also I doubt a good chunk even knows Superman outside of his Silver age depiction.

This isn't some DC vs Marvel fanboy nonsense. I like both cinematic universes and I'll be there opening weekend regardless. I prefer DC's slightly more serious take but Winter Soldier is my favorite from both companies

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
how strong will they make shazam ww level or supes or in between?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
And I respect that but numbers talk, based on the contrast between what Marvel is doing and what DC is doing I think the general consensus is that they are failing.
The numbers do talk and man of steel nearly doubled superman returns at the box office and justice league went back to the corny boy scout and it was the lowest grossing of the dceu