The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The numbers do talk and man of steel nearly doubled superman returns at the box office and justice league went back to the corny boy scout and it was the lowest grossing of the dceu

MOS underperformed it was expected to hit a billion and it would have if it wasn’t such rubbish. JL was the lowest grossing because all the crap that had come before it had chipped away at the general audience good will. You say corny Boy Scout yet it was lauded as Cavill best interpretation of the character. If you don’t like Superman then there are plenty more “edgy” analogues out there without changing the core of the character.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
MOS underperformed it was expected to hit a billion and it would have if it wasn’t such rubbish. JL was the lowest grossing because all the crap that had come before it had chipped away at the general audience good will. You say corny Boy Scout yet it was lauded as Cavill best interpretation of the character. If you don’t like Superman then there are plenty more “edgy” analogues out there without changing the core of the character.
You were given corny Boy Scout superman twice in the last while. Superman returns and justic league. They both flopped. They were out grossed by Snyder’s version.:umad:

And lauded? By whom? Fellow whiny man children like yourself?All I saw was people making fun of the bad cgi, And whedons awful dialogue like being “itchy” ruining what looked to be an actual great scene from the trailer of Lois and Clark replacing dialogue about her accepting the ring to him “smelling good”

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
You were given corny Boy Scout superman twice in the last while. Superman returns and justic league. They both flopped. They were out grossed by Snyder’s version.:umad:

And lauded? By whom? All I saw was people making fun of the bad cgi, And whedons awful dialogue like being “itchy” ruining what looked to be an actual great scene from the trailer of Lois and Clark replacing dialogue about her accepting the ring to him “smelling good”

Yes Superman returns failed because of the Boy Scout aspect as opposed to the fact it was dark and somber and played more like a soap opera than a comic book movie
:comeon:. Like I previously said JL was the lowest performing DCCU movie because audiences had enough and with no good word of mouth (Wonder Woman) it was bound to fail. Despite its failures one of the greatest points of praise regarding justice league was the tonal change of Superman. Anyway will let you live in your delusions of Snyder tha gawd, I am a DC fan but know DC has been fukking up.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yes Superman returns failed because of the Boy Scout aspect as opposed to the fact it was dark and somber and played more like a soap opera than a comic book movie
:comeon:. Like I previously said JL was the lowest performing DCCU movie because audiences had enough and with no good word of mouth (Wonder Woman) it was bound to fail. Despite its failures one of the greatest points of praise regarding justice league was the tonal change of Superman. Anyway will let you live in your delusions of Snyder tha gawd, I am a DC fan but know DC has been fukking up.
It’s hilarious how you say numbers talk then have numbers that do not go with your narrative you have millions of excuses.

Audiences don’t respond to the corny superman you want. That’s the cold hard truth you don’t want to acknowledge. An entire generation grew up thinking he was corny and unrelatable. There’s a reason his popularity shrunk and characters like wolverine took over.

People saw the the trailers for superman returns and tuned it out because they don’t give a shyt about the character. This ain’t the 70s.

Wb was delusional to think man of steel ever had a shot of 1 billion. There’s a difference between being iconic and being popular. And you and the other vocal miniority whining about “not my superman” are delusional to think that people want that old classic superman.

Snyder and Nolan’s version was a response to how people viewed superman now. And that’s what you’ll never understand because you think everybody wanted the same old version.

They gave you that corny supes in justice league and it was the lowest grossing. That speaks volumes but youll ignore that because it doesn’t go with your narrative.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
It’s hilarious how you say numbers talk then have numbers that do not go with your narrative you have millions of excuses.

Audiences don’t respond to the corny superman you want. That’s the cold hard truth you don’t want to acknowledge. An entire generation grew up thinking he was corny and unrelatable. There’s a reason his popularity shrunk and characters like wolverine took over.

People saw the the trailers for superman returns and tuned it out because they don’t give a shyt about the character. This ain’t the 70s.

Wb was delusional to think man of steel ever had a shot of 1 billion. There’s a difference between being iconic and being popular. And you and the other vocal miniority whining about “not my superman” are delusional to think that people want that old classic superman.

Snyder and Nolan’s version was a response to how people viewed superman now. And that’s what you’ll never understand because you think everybody wanted the same old version.

They gave you that corny supes in justice league and it was the lowest grossing. That speaks volumes but youll ignore that because it doesn’t go with your narrative.

What are you talking about, I have already broken down as to why the precious film performed how it did. Are you dumb and deaf to the critiscm of Snyder Superman. You clearly don’t read comics hence your view of Superman is fixated on Reeve portrayal hence you constantly referring back to that. Anyway I am done as I can see you have no clear talking point just Snyder fan boy dribble.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
What are you talking about, I have already broken down as to why the precious film performed how it did. Are you dumb and deaf to the critiscm of Snyder Superman. You clearly don’t read comics hence your view of Superman is fixated on Reeve portrayal hence you constantly referring back to that. Anyway I am done as I can see you have no clear talking point just Snyder fan boy dribble.
More denial and excuses. Your break down was garbage excuses to deflect away from the truth that you won’t accept.

Post some comic books you own. Take a picture.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how strong will they make shazam ww level or supes or in between?
Cap and Superman are about equal. Superman is weak to magic which is what Cap's powers are based but Superman also has heat vision and other little powers like that to his advantage.

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Cap and Superman are about equal. Superman is weak to magic which is what Cap's powers are based but Superman also has heat vision and other little powers like that to his advantage.
Yea I know all dat but just curious as to how dc wants to portray the comparison on film.

:dead: y’all gotta stop arguin with DB man that shyt goes nowhere say yo initials and let it be afterwards.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
@Cacdestroyer post some comic books you own :jbhmm:

Why is it every time a loud mouth poster on this forum always claiming they experts and whining about how things aren't comic accurate can't ever post any comic books they own. They just start juelzing about why they can't or stop replying :pachaha:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall gotta start saying Shazam, I was legit like :wtf: reading this at first :pachaha:
giphy.webp

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I know all dat but just curious as to how dc wants to portray the comparison on film.

:dead: y’all gotta stop arguin with DB man that shyt goes nowhere say yo initials and let it be afterwards.
We won't know until the two duke it out on film but I'm sure they'll stay true to the source material.