The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
I'm genuinely surprised The Rock picked Black Adam because I'm almost certain he could've easily gotten the Shazam part if he wanted, but it's a good thing because The Rock was meant to be Shazam. Now they just need to get Joe Manganiello, a bunch of decent kid actors and go!
I always felt the opposite. I would have been REALLY surprised if he had picked Shazam.

Shazam is another person half the tine, so that would have been half the screen time for Rock.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I always felt the opposite. I would have been REALLY surprised if he had picked Shazam.

Shazam is another person half the tine, so that would have been half the screen time for Rock.

Yeah, but it's still a villain role and I really didn't expect The Rock to do one of those any time soon.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
"Shazam" NOT A Part Of The DC Movie Universe
By Garth FranklinWednesday September 3rd 2014 06:41PM
shazam_article.jpg

So much for a fully inter-connected DC Cinematic Universe.

With New Line Cinema set to produce the upcoming film adaptation of the DC comics title "Shazam," rather than Warner Bros. Pictures, it probably shouldn't be as surprising as it is to hear the news that "Shazam" will NOT tie into the larger cinematic universe in which "Man of Steel," "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League" interconnect.

New Line president Toby Emmerich spoke with Entertainment Weekly today, and he revealed why that is the case:.

"It feels to me like Shazam will have a tone unto itself. It's a DC comic, but it's not a Justice League character, and it's not a Marvel comic. The tone and the feeling of the movie will be different from the other range of comic book movies. (It) will have a sense of fun and a sense of humor. But the stakes have to be real."

Asked about the hiring of Dwayne Johnson as the villain Black Adam, Emmerich says:

"Black Adam is a complex character. The villain in superhero movies is often, I think, what makes the movie. And I thought Dwayne's take on the character, and the way that he saw Black Adam, was really compelling and fun."

Warners has distributed all of the recent DC Comics adaptations thus far and in more recent comics Shazam is a member of the Justice League, making his absence rather strange. Then again, Warners is developing a "Sandman" film that isn't expected to tie in with the DCU either.

New Line has not confirmed a release date for "Shazam" at this time.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
shazam_article.jpg

With New Line Cinema set to produce the upcoming film adaptation of the DC comics title "Shazam," rather than Warner Bros. Pictures, it probably shouldn't be as surprising as it is to hear the news that "Shazam" will NOT tie into the larger cinematic universe in which "Man of Steel," "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League" interconnect.

New Line president Toby Emmerich spoke with Entertainment Weekly today, and he revealed why that is the case:.

"It feels to me like Shazam will have a tone unto itself. It's a DC comic, but it's not a Justice League character, and it's not a Marvel comic. The tone and the feeling of the movie will be different from the other range of comic book movies. (It) will have a sense of fun and a sense of humor. But the stakes have to be real."

Asked about the hiring of Dwayne Johnson as the villain Black Adam, Emmerich says:

"Black Adam is a complex character. The villain in superhero movies is often, I think, what makes the movie. And I thought Dwayne's take on the character, and the way that he saw Black Adam, was really compelling and fun."

Warners has distributed all of the recent DC Comics adaptations thus far and in more recent comics Shazam is a member of the Justice League, making his absence rather strange. Then again, Warners is developing a "Sandman" film that isn't expected to tie in with the DCU either.

Fine with me, dc shyts on him anyway...he probably wouldve been introduced as some kid wonder woman was babysitting, and that superman gave him his powers, and he woudlve been defeated by killer croc only to be saved by fukkin green arrow :beli:

Shazam > justice league

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
shazam_article.jpg

wait what ....fuk it. i never like how DC treated him anyway. they know he would beat the breaks off superman ass, they turnt up superman every fuk time he battle this dude.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
oh shyt!! fun? AND a sense of humor?!
wheres that one poster at?
the one who doesnt like fun and sense of humor:mjlol:
muthafukkas gonna change their whole shyt up now :deadmanny:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
oh shyt!! fun? AND a sense of humor?!
wheres that one poster at?
the one who doesnt like fun and sense of humor:mjlol:
muthafukkas gonna change their whole shyt up now :deadmanny:
fuk around the Shazam film will be a prequel, about the Wizard and Black Adam, not the Superhero.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
shazam_article.jpg

Not liking how this sounds. They gonna end up fukking him over as usual

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

So does this basically confirm the rumored WB/DC's "no jokes" rule? :lupe:

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the rock was never meant to be shazam he looks just like fukking black adam, interesting though that this is the first time (that I know of) that he´s connected to a comic book adaption considering dude looks like a fukking comic book character irl