The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
They need to hire the big dude from Baby Daddy as Shazam, he is 6'5.
This is how he towers over the other dudes on that show:
fyuKWsn.jpg
Brandon Molale or bust
2268572-brandon_molale.jpg
kNDrspa.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He def has the look but I am wondering if they are going to have an age limit on the casting. Molale is in his mid 40s.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Shazam" NOT A Part Of The DC Movie Universe
By Garth FranklinWednesday September 3rd 2014 06:41PM
shazam_article.jpg

So much for a fully inter-connected DC Cinematic Universe.

With New Line Cinema set to produce the upcoming film adaptation of the DC comics title "Shazam," rather than Warner Bros. Pictures, it probably shouldn't be as surprising as it is to hear the news that "Shazam" will NOT tie into the larger cinematic universe in which "Man of Steel," "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League" interconnect.

New Line president Toby Emmerich spoke with Entertainment Weekly today, and he revealed why that is the case:.

"It feels to me like Shazam will have a tone unto itself. It's a DC comic, but it's not a Justice League character, and it's not a Marvel comic. The tone and the feeling of the movie will be different from the other range of comic book movies. (It) will have a sense of fun and a sense of humor. But the stakes have to be real."

Asked about the hiring of Dwayne Johnson as the villain Black Adam, Emmerich says:

"Black Adam is a complex character. The villain in superhero movies is often, I think, what makes the movie. And I thought Dwayne's take on the character, and the way that he saw Black Adam, was really compelling and fun."

Warners has distributed all of the recent DC Comics adaptations thus far and in more recent comics Shazam is a member of the Justice League, making his absence rather strange. Then again, Warners is developing a "Sandman" film that isn't expected to tie in with the DCU either.

New Line has not confirmed a release date for "Shazam" at this time.

don't like this...i want them in the same universe...i want a cap marvel vs supes fight...i want kingdom come on the big screen damn it....

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fuk around the Shazam film will be a prequel, about the Wizard and Black Adam, not the Superhero.

that's the feeling i'm starting to get....this movie gonna be more about black adam and the wizard, billy gonna be an after thought that leads into the next movie....also, the talk about antihero black adam makes me call bullshyt too....i need him to be a true villain, not a confused bad guy that's really good inside....

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
don't like this all...i want them in the same universe...i want a cap marvel vs supes fight...i want kingdom come on the big screen damn it....
You will get that...you should have kept reading deeper into this thread:
It appears that DC Comics have confirmed that Shazam will indeed be set in the same Cinematic Universe as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, while Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn reveals that it's the DC Comics movie he'd most be interested in...

IBcC1i9.jpg

For a variety of reasons, some comic book fans believe that Shazam (which stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Black Adam) will NOT be set in the DC Cinematic Universe. Have DC Comics themselves finally set the record straight? It appears that way, as a blog post from the comic book publisher highlights the announcement of a DC Cinematic Universe, pointing out that Warner Bros., "revealed a full slate of ten DC Entertainment feature films all set within the same universe." Of course, just because all of these movies take place in the same world, that doesn't mean we'll see constant crossovers. Like Guardians of the Galaxy, Shazam will more than likely just expand the DC Cinematic Universe! Talking of that Marvel team, director James Gunn was asked on Facebook whether he would like to helm a DC Comics movie and if he is precluded (prevented from) making one. "I am precluded. Would have loved to have done Shazam." That would have been something to see, eh? What do you guys think? Be sure to share your thoughts on all of this below...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=112789

Former WWE Superstar and movie starThe Rock is on the cover of this month’s issue of Total Film Magazine, and part of the interview (via GamesRadar) featured The Rock discussing his upcoming role as comic book character “Black Adam” in Warner Bros’ new film based on Shazam.

“I think Black Adam is going to grow into becoming an anti-hero. It’s all written within the spirit of respecting and paying homage to the comics. As we know, Black Adam started out as a slave. When he’s given the powers, he utilized them. Then in the wake of his powers, tragedy strikes, which turns his sentiment and tone in terms of psychology.”

The Rock’s comments seem to imply Adam will be portrayed as a tragic villain, but he could be used in different roles in future DC films. Regarding how Shazam will be connected to the rest of the DC Universe, Rock said,

“It was all agreed that the worlds are all interconnected” he reaffirms. “One day you will see Black Adam go at it with Superman or Batman or any of the DC characters. But that said, there’s a great independence to Black Adam from the DC world, allowing us to inject, not only viciousness, but also winking humor.”

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
You can tell that TPTB really wanted separate universes. These suits just cant help but to muck shyt up.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
http://www.slashfilm.com/dwayne-johnson-shazam-release-date/

Fans who were looking forward to Dwayne Johnson playing a comic book character were probably a little disappointed when Warner Bros. released their big, upcoming, DC schedule last year. Among all the huge movies and announcements was the fact Johnson’s Black Adam wouldn’t appear until 2019 when Shazam hit theaters.

A few months back though, Johnson suggested that release date might be moved forward and now he’s at it again. The actor believes Shazam will be released earlier than 2019. Read about the potential Shazam release date change below.

Johnson first started saying he believes Shazam would be out early in February, in an interview with MTV. Here’s him reiterating that sentiment recently while promoting San Andreas. (It’s at 1:35)

No, I don’t think it is going to be that far away. It’s going to be earlier than that. I don’t think 2019.

Again, this isn’t the first time Johnson has said this. He said it a few months back too, so he obviously believes the Shazam script will be good enough to move up, or has heard that from Warner Bros. executives.

I’m more interested in the larger implications of Johnson’s statement though. If Shazam does get made and released before 2019, what moves back? They’ve already got two movies planned each year starting in 2016 and Shazam was supposed to be released the same year as Justice League Part Two. Couldn’t that change what happens in Justice League? Moving up just one of these movies will surely create some kind of domino effect.

To recap, there’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad in 2016, Wonder Woman and Justice League Part One in 2017, The Flash and Aquaman in 2018, then Shazam and Justice League Part Two in 2019 followed by Cyborg and Green Lantern in 2020.

The most obviously thing would just to release three movies in a year instead of two. But assuming they are bound by the two per year rule, here’s a potential scenario. With Zack Snyder still working on Batman v Superman, he’s not going to get to work on Justice League any time soon. 2017 might be difficult to hit. So maybe Shazam get pushed into 2017 taking over the Justice League Part One slot, then that gets bumped into 2018 and The Flash goes into 2019. This way audiences would get Justice League movies in back to back years, which would rival Marvel’s plan for Avengers: Infinity War.

Do you think there will be a Shazam release date change?

uppin for the comicon blockbuster news :blessed:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It would make sense to push Shazam up to take advantage of The Rock's exposure in mega-blockbusters like FF7 and San Andreas.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The most obviously thing would just to release three movies in a year instead of two. But assuming they are bound by the two per year rule, here’s a potential scenario. With Zack Snyder still working on Batman v Superman, he’s not going to get to work on Justice League any time soon. 2017 might be difficult to hit. So maybe Shazam get pushed into 2017 taking over the Justice League Part One slot, then that gets bumped into 2018 and The Flash goes into 2019. This way audiences would get Justice League movies in back to back years, which would rival Marvel’s plan for Avengers: Infinity War.

Do you think there will be a Shazam release date change?

uppin for the comicon blockbuster news :blessed:

The most obvious thing would be switching Shazam! with Aquaman since the latter is on that "multiple writers writing separate screenplays" experiment with no director attached yet so that one feels like it could use more time for them to get their shyt together and figure out what they want from the movie first.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
They can just move WW up to March 2017, July/August for Shazam and keep JL in November or Xmas day

One of these years they're going to have to put 3 movies out in a year

Realistically though I can see Aquaman dropping after WW before i can see Shazam since it's already in production and Shazam doesn't even have a lead or director

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

lol no, just no.....

like i said in here earlier: i dont think they worried about billy/cap marvel right now....unless they introduce black adam in the jl movies, this movie gonna be about black adam and the wizard....the next one will be about billy...