Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
For those who played RE7 how is the VR Experience

Can the entire game be played in VR?
Is it fun ?
Do you walk around
I played (and streamed) my play through of Resident Evil 7 in PSVR.
The immersion is incredible. I can't emphasize enough how amazing the experience is.
Being INSIDE a video game, walking through life size hallways, being chased by big monsters and life size people is an experience I'll never forget.
It'll completely change the way you look at the potential of VR. After playing RE7 in VR I feel cheated playing games on a regular TV.
The entire game can be played in VR, with a regular controller. The game supports different degrees of assisted movement to help with potential motion sickness, and has an option to play with completely free movement like you're already used to in standard FPS games.
The graphics take a hit inside the VR headset, but it doesn't take away from the immersion.
One thing that took a second to get used to is aim. You control the aim with your head, which sounds crazy, but it actually became second nature to me pretty quick and in my opinion, is much better than aiming with the analogue sticks.
I played 90% of the game in VR. The last bit I played normally because I wanted to hurry up and finish the game. I was able to play for around an hour (give or take) at a time in VR.
I found playing standing up helped with the sickness, and also added to the immersion of the game. Sitting down felt very unnatural to me, especially since everything is life size in the headset. It made no sense for my eyes to tell me I was walking but for my body to tell me I was sitting on a couch.
I don't think (or at least don't remember) anyone else on this board playing Resident Evil, or at least beating the game in VR.
If this game doesn't make you (or anyone else) a believer in VR, nothing will.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man since Skyrim dropped and the price went down for sales it seems like PSVR got a huge surge of mindshare and new users. Seems like every corner there's a new game being announced or people buying it.
shyt's selling out on amazon. :wow:

Skyrim being a PSVR limited exclusive is really helping them out I think. Plus, you can spend $500, get a pro and a psvr. The Rift is $350 and you need to have a mid-tier pc that certainly costs more than $150. PSVR is where virtual reality is right now. It's finally reached a price point that is acceptable to the masses. This is the make or break point for VR. If it doesn't succeed now, it's over.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow I don't know how it was done but The Last Guardian VR demo is easily the sharpest looking VR game to date. It looks pretty much like how I remembered the base game looks. It's not blurry(PS4 Pro) and Trico looks really good.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Resident Evil 7 is the best gaming experience I have ever had in my life. You have to go in blind, I would feel gyped if I knew what was going to happen before I opened a door. I would get high as hell on sativas and have panic attacks trying to be brave and open a door. I never felt that way by something not real before in my life. Movies never scare me, only PT ever scared me a little for video games. RE7 is a whole different level, I wish I could erase my memory so I could go through the first time again. I felt like I had real life character development at the end of the game, I really felt like I went through a haunted house.

Daps
Reppin
Finally got to play mine for a hour yesterday and loved it. The Star Wars VR experience was amazing especially with you look up to see the Star Destroyer fly above you.:ohlawd: I didn't experience that much motion sickness either this time around. Resident Evil was wild when I played the demo for a few minutes(waiting to get my disc copy back from my friend). I legit felt like I was walking through the damn house.:damn:

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Got it today :blessed:

My wife copped me Farpoint which will be here Tuesday.

I copped PS Worlds VR for 8 bucks on the PS store.

And I got Skyrim but didn't start.

My wife played The Last Guardian VR......its dope though.

I felt a little dizzy after playing that shark attack shyt

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Got it today :blessed:

My wife copped me Farpoint which will be here Tuesday.

I copped PS Worlds VR for 8 bucks on the PS store.

And I got Skyrim but didn't start.

My wife played The Last Guardian VR......its dope though.

I felt a little dizzy after playing that shark attack shyt
If you felt dizzy playing the shark attack that’s pretty alarming. I’m not sure vr is for you breh. That’s shark attacking isn’t even a game. If that made you sick you might end up actually throwing up playing a game with free movement in vr.
Take it slow. Don’t force yourself to play through the sickness. Like Fatboi said, get some ginger to chew. I found that ginger ale helped me a little, and oddly enough, a little bit of vanilla ice cream settled my stomach a few times too. Just find what works for you

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
If you felt dizzy playing the shark attack that’s pretty alarming. I’m not sure vr is for you breh. That’s shark attacking isn’t even a game. If that made you sick you might end up actually throwing up playing a game with free movement in vr.
Take it slow. Don’t force yourself to play through the sickness. Like Fatboi said, get some ginger to chew. I found that ginger ale helped me a little, and oddly enough, a little bit of vanilla ice cream settled my stomach a few times too. Just find what works for you
I just couldn't stop looking around lol

I think I was doing too much or maybe I got to get used to it.

But I am gonna play Skyrim this weekend.

I can' wait for Farpoint.

I'm too scared to play RE7 :hubie:

Jigg

Pro
Daps
Been having fun so far just messing with rec room and the demos. I really want to cop Moss whenever it drops

I thought I was cool on the motion sickness until I played that one odyssey game on ps worlds. All that camera spinning when I was jumping between asteroids made me have to sit it down for the rest of the day. Tolerance thing I guess

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Firewall: Zero Hour Preview – Next Level VR Gaming

"This year’s Playstation Experience keynote opened up with Firewall: Zero Hour, a game that has convinced me to add the PSVR to my Amazon cart once and for all. Never have I ever felt so immersed in a VR game before. I played the demo with [what I was told was] the 2.0 PSVR headset, the newest one on the market. It was very comfortable, I had no focus issue – even with glasses – and was so into it, the guy at my station had to tell me I needed to turn back around and face forward. If you recall at this year’s CES, I almost whacked a poor Sony rep in the face with the gun playing Farpoint, (sorry, Michael!) so this isn’t out of character for me."

"I could go on and on about Firewall: Zero Hour, but I’ll save you the trouble. The game at this stage in development is absolutely phenomenal."