Supporter
Daps
The only review I saw so far was somebody bashing the move controls
3 reviews so far

10 from VRfocus

4players.de 85

Upload VR 8/10

User ratings at 9/2

I just got my copy. My brother owed me $73 anyway. Made him cop me it.

Edit: Played up until you get to Riverwood. shyt is legit. The moves take a while to get down. I think I prefer teleport movement.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
One Million VR Headsets Ship In A Single Quarter For The First Time

PSVR610.jpg

While many in the gaming industry thumb their nose at VR, the hardware is doing better than ever, shipping over one million units in a single quarter for the first time.

The news comes from market research firm Canalys, which also breaks down the market by platform. PlayStation VR shipped the most, with over 490,000 units in the third financial quarter of the year, which includes July, August, and September. Oculus shipped 210,000 units, while the HTC Vive solid 160,000 units.

While the PSVR is still the most popular, Oculus saw a spike in sales, which Canalys attributes to the headset's recent price drop to $400. “VR adoption in the consumer segment is highly dependent on price, and Oculus’ strategy of lowering prices has definitely helped drive adoption,” Canalys Research Analyst Vincent Thielke said in the company's analysis. Japan's "VR experience zones," which let non-owners play with VR headsets, also helped boost sales of the PSVR in the country.

Canalys also expects the market to grow in 2018, thanks to Oculus' release of a $200 standalone headset and Microsoft's entry into the market with its own Mixed Reality products.

[Source: Canalys via VentureBeat]

Our Take
I can't say I'm too enthused about the continued popularity of VR, personally - I enjoy the occasional dive into virtual reality, but I wouldn't say I've had an experience with it that justifies having one in my home quite yet. But, if the platform continues to be popular enough for developers to invest in, maybe they'll make a game that will speak to me at some point.

One Million VR Headsets Ship In A Single Quarter For The First Time

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli:So none of the options include fully free movement?
It's cheap (and it's Doom) so I'll still pick it up, but I'm going in with VERY low expectations.
It does have full locomotion. That review was mistaken.

You can use a traditional gamepad or PSVR Aim controller to enable free movement, similar to the movement controls you experienced in DOOM (2016). The smooth turning option allows you to turn horizontally using the analog stick. You'll also be able to teleport, or enable burst movements to quickly rotate your view. The game also supports a 180 turn movement to allow you to quickly turn to defeat enemies behind you.
DOOM VFR - System Requirements and FAQ

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Co-Op Adventure Medusa And Man Coming To PlayStation VR
Medusa and Man will be showcased at the PlayStation Experience in California later this month.

Medusa is a figure from Greek mythology, one of three Gorgon sisters who have the power to turn people to stone. In an interesting twist on partner-platform adventures, upcoming Medusa and Man lets players use the power of Medusa to navigate through the videogame world.

Medusa and Man features two playable characters, Medusa herself, and her lover, an ordinary man. Though in love, Medusa can never look at her lover’s face, lest her powers turn him to stone as well. Players can control the characters, who adventure together through a fantastical virtual reality (VR) world filled with monsters. Medusa can turn those monsters to stone, or Man can battle them with his sword. Positioning of characters is vital, for if the Man strays into the path of Medusa’s deadly gaze, he too will be subjected to her powers.

medusa-and-man-screen-1.jpg

Screenshots available so far show a strongly stylised videogame world that depicts a expansive desert world inhabited by monsters such a giant, terrifying sandworms and ominous bat-like creatures. Each level of the title will requite a combination of both characters abilities in order to make it through,

Two play modes are available, single-player VR experience, or a 2-player co-operative mode that can be played on the television. Medusa and Man was built using the Unity game engine, and was chosen from the Made With Unity Contest with PlayStation VR contest that took place earlier this year.

The title is currently in development, and a release date has not been confirmed, but the developer Playsim are planning to showcase the current world-in-progress build at the PlayStation Experience , which is due to take place on 9th-10th December at Anaheim in California.

VRFocus will bring you further news on Medusa and Man as it becomes available.

Co-Op Adventure Medusa and Man Coming To PlayStation VR