The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
BF4, Shadowfall are the main reasons for copping my ps4 at launch now. I'll be fukking with that Warframe too.

2k14 and Madden will have to wait until next year.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man who cares about a release date when they havent shown any games worth getting at launch!

I know Sony will eventually have some heat but they need to convince people to buy a PS4 on day one and they have not done that yet.
They've convinced over a million people already :usure:

Aside from that, neither company has shown a game that makes people NEED to get it day one. I wouldn't be getting either one of these systems for the first party games. shyt like 2k14 & BF4 would be taking most of my time anyway. And I'm assuming that's what's driving preorders.

And why do people act like every console launch in history isn't trash. This isn't new. Anybody remember the PS2. :what:

Truth be told, no one NEEDS to get neither of these systems day one with the lineup

But I'm sick of current gen and I ain't getting a PC yet :yeshrug:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Aside from that, neither company has shown a game that makes people NEED to get it day one. I wouldn't be getting either one of these systems for the first party games. shyt like 2k14 & BF4 would be taking most of my time anyway. And I'm assuming that's what's driving preorders.

And why do people act like every console launch in history isn't trash. This isn't new. Anybody remember the PS2. :what:

Truth be told, no one NEEDS to get neither of these systems day one with the lineup

They convinced a million people to say they will buy one at launch. I have one preordered too, a preorder i can cancel in 20 seconds without a single penny shifting.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
BF4, Shadowfall are the main reasons for copping my ps4 at launch now. I'll be fukking with that Warframe too.

2k14 and Madden will have to wait until next year.
See that's the thing with me. Shadowfall launched at the wrong time for me. And that's a probably gonna be a solid first party title...

I'm getting BF4. I ain't gonna have time for that shyt :laff:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Man who cares about a release date when they havent shown any games worth getting at launch!

I know Sony will eventually have some heat but they need to convince people to buy a PS4 on day one and they have not done that yet.

Infamous: Second Son not being a launch title was kind of a deal breaker for me getting one at launch.

I'll still probably pick up PS4 sometime this holiday though.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They convinced a million people to say they will buy one at launch. I have one preordered too, a preorder i can cancel in 20 seconds without a single penny shifting.
Does it matter? Both of these systems will be off the shelves this holiday or do you not think that will be the case? I'm expecting it to be hard to find both of them. I don't think they're concerned about the lineup because they know the hardcore crowd will eat it up regardless.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Does it matter? Both of these systems will be off the shelves this holiday or do you not think that will be the case? I'm expecting it to be hard to find both of them. I don't think they're concerned about the lineup because they know the hardcore crowd will eat it up regardless.

That doesnt excuse the shyt showing Sony is throwing out there. So because they know some people will buy anything they dont even have to try to put out something worth playing? Thats a terrible way to look at things.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That doesnt excuse the shyt showing Sony is throwing out there. So because they know some people will buy anything they dont even have to try to put out something worth playing? Thats a terrible way to look at things.
What do you expect? Development of new games don't just happen in a few months. There's nothing that Sony can do to make studios work faster to get out titles unless you want them to be shyt games. There's no excuse. That's just the reality of console launches. If their studios hadn't been working on games for PS3, then we may be seeing better games. I guess you could argue that they could've done a better job of planning around the PS4 and had those studios working on games for it instead but doing that would've stagnated releases for the PS3...

If they decided to hold off on the Last of Us and release that shyt for the PS4, would you still have a problem with the launch? :ld:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

The first year of any system sucks. They blow a wad of mediocre launch titles that are mostly ports from previous generations then you get months of little to no releases. This isn't anything new most all consoles are like this.

Unless you just have the disposable income laying around it isn't wise to buy a console in its first year. In the transition to a new generation there are usually enough titles on the previous generation to put off buying any new consoles until the first year drought has passed.

People who buy these things on launch day are enthusiast like myself who just blow money on the latest tech gadget not value shoppers that have to be convinced by quality software that a machine is worth buying.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What do you expect? Development of new games don't just happen in a few months. There's nothing that Sony can do to make studios work faster to get out titles unless you want them to be shyt games. There's no excuse. That's just the reality of console launches. If their studios hadn't been working on games for PS3, then we may be seeing better games. I guess you could argue that they could've done a better job of planning around the PS4 and had those studios working on games for it instead but doing that would've stagnated releases for the PS3...

If they decided to hold off on the Last of Us and release that shyt for the PS4, would you still have a problem with the launch? :ld:
The Last of Us wouldn't impress him if it was on PS4. He passed on it on PS3.

:ld:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The Last of Us wouldn't impress him if it was on PS4. He passed on it on PS3.

:ld:

I'm at the point where I pass on everything day 1 because I have so much other shyt to play. Ill get it when it drops to 30 bucks and under like I will with Bioshock, Metal Gear, Gears, and all the other big releases this past year. But that's beside the point.

I look at MS first year confirmed release titles and at least they are trying to put out some games. Sony is just like fukk it, buy some 10 buck indies and be happy.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
BFlioW4.png

4ejUJrn.png

33 PS4 games to be released by the end of the year.