The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
exactly. I bought my 360 when halo 3 dropped, I was still playing ps2 and GameCube just fine. I didn't care about the new gen yet.

The first year of any system sucks. They blow a wad of mediocre launch titles that are mostly ports from previous generations then you get months of little to no releases. This isn't anything new most all consoles are like this.

Unless you just have the disposable income laying around it isn't wise to buy a console in its first year. In the transition to a new generation there are usually enough titles on the previous generation to put off buying any new consoles until the first year drought has passed.

People who buy these things on launch day are enthusiast like myself who just blow money on the latest tech gadget not value shoppers that have to be convinced by quality software that a machine is worth buying.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why do people act like launch titles are the end all be all? if you ask an xbox fan whats his favorite exclusives through the the entire console cycle, most will STILL tell you halo and gears of war. now these dudes are attempting the same spin this generation around. :laugh:

bruh, y'all can have these so called 1-2 exclusives at launch, but i'm thinking at the entire cycle. if the sources are true, there's around 140 PS4 games in development between first and 3rd parties. when we look at the end of this console cycle, how many games are xbots proud of? they aint playing no exclusive titles.

Ronald

Daps
Screen-shot-2013-08-20-at-6.53.35-PM-e1377024350469.jpg

:wow:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
why do people act like launch titles are the end all be all? if you ask an xbox fan whats his favorite exclusives through the the entire console cycle, most will STILL tell you halo and gears of war. now these dudes are attempting the same spin this generation around. :laugh:

bruh, y'all can have these so called 1-2 exclusives at launch, but i'm thinking at the entire cycle. if the sources are true, there's around 140 PS4 games in development between first and 3rd parties. when we look at the end of this console cycle, how many games are xbots proud of? they aint playing no exclusive titles.

Because its convenient to a certain group's argument. :mjpls:

A launch never made or broke a console,its about that first year or on the market post launch and delivering a real killer app within that time frame. Thats how is been for several gaming generations

imo a console is a multi year investment...You buy for the launch and what happens next.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

These dudes really act like PS fans should be the ones concerned about exclusive content after this gen. Can you believe this shyt :heh:

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah but look at that 360 lineup though breh. I mean 2 Forza games, 2 Gears of War games, and 2 Halo games. Insane. Such great variety. :wow:

Hold on for real though. That was actually these fools lineup the past 3 years? :dahell:

:dead:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hold on for real though. That was actually these fools lineup the past 3 years? :dahell:
:dead:

yeah, i've noticed their weak lineup for years but never saw it in an infograph before. that's why i always ask these fools like @MeachTheMonster whats a GOOD exclusive that you've been playing recently. all they can respond with is halo and gears of war. atlhough this nikka meach tried to lie and claim games he aint never played according to his xbl

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yeah, i've noticed their weak lineup for years but never saw it in an infograph before. that's why i always ask these fools like @MeachTheMonster whats a GOOD exclusive that you've been playing recently. all they can respond with is halo and gears of war. atlhough this nikka meach tried to lie and claim games he aint never played according to his xbl
shyt is fukking pathetic. No wonder MS out there buying exclusive content every chance they get.

I almost refuse to believe that graphic. It can't be that bad :snoop:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
shyt is fukking pathetic. No wonder MS out there buying exclusive content every chance they get.

I almost refuse to believe that graphic. It can't be that bad :snoop:

I bought a 360 for Mass Effect...It was the most compelling next gen game I seen at that point.

Early this gen I preferred 360 over PS3 but once 360 pulled ahead significantly in the US,all those unique,dope exclusives that made me love 360 either stop coming or went multiplatform. Meanwhile PS3 kept getting better every year,,,Sony never stopped trying to make dope unique games while MS stopped giving a fukk once they got the lead plus that Kinect shyt soured me on the Xbox platform period.

How can I trust MS after they have shown they will not put the type of effort Sony will when it comes to software? Especially after that DRM shyt they tried to pull...I can't support that.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
All I wanted is the release date but damn that conference was boring. Wasn't expecting any real huge news that we didn't already see so I'm not letdown or anything. Launch is fine, I've got four games pre-ordered + GTA V on the PS3 is enough to carry over until next year. I dunno about ya'll nikkas but I don't have the time or even want to go through that many games to the point where I need more ASAP.

:ahh: Now I know when to take my vacay