The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Damn, I already have the same card that the PS4 supposedly has the equivalent of in my PC.

Are two 7850s crossfired going to be shytting on next gen consoles? If that's the case I'll definitely put money towards another card instead of a console. I'm probably only rockin' one console this gen. No need for both now that I have a capable PC I can upgrade.

Sony's exclusives are the difference.
you are coming full circle...I have been preaching this to people for years. A crossfire 7850 setup would bench the consoles at the start, but if I were you I would sell that 7850 and upgrade to a more powerful single card. Preferably nvidia at the moment because of phsyx, but something tells me AMD is probably going to win this gen of video cards as well.

You now have the best of both worlds :win:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: it does mean "something" though.

PS4 Graphical Capabilities is clear cut better than the XB1. I don't think that means absolutely nothing. :youngsabo:

It's pointless debating with those guys. Anything the PS4 can do better than the XB1 is gonna end up as "doesn't matter in the long run"

Yet if you flipped the table and showed that same benchmarking chart with XB1 surpassing the PS4, they'd make a fiesta out of it.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
thinkbeforeyoubuy.png

wow this sounds horrible

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I hope that kinect rental thing is not true. That would mean that Kinect has to be facing the user at all times and watching you, at all times.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2013/...-fan-backlash-over-rumored-playstation-4-drm/ - Sony hears its fans passion in regards to NO DRM on Playstation 4.

“We are just now announcing the basic vision and strategy of PS4 and will have more information to share regarding used games later this year. But PlayStation has a long history of keeping its gamers happy and we won’t make decisions that damage our relationship with them.” - Sony :blessed:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's pointless debating with those guys. Anything the PS4 can do better than the XB1 is gonna end up as "doesn't matter in the long run"

Yet if you flipped the table and showed that same benchmarking chart with XB1 surpassing the PS4, they'd make a fiesta out of it.

I don't doubt that the ps4 gpu is faster. I'm just saying it means absolutely nothing outside of fanboy wars.

:ohhh:

:umad:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Benchmark tests don't necessarily indicate performance. The two GPU's tested in this test are not the same as the GPU's in the ps4/Xbox. And system architecture is a big deal when we it comes to closed game consoles.

Basically this test is useless, and just fanboy fodder to make you feel better about endorsing the boring uninspired machine that is the ps4

:umad:

:wtf:

They are benchmarking actual games, it's a perfect indicator of performance.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
They aren't using the actual GPU's or the systems the GPUs are in. Neither are they using games that have been optimized for either system. Useless test:manny:

:merchant:

They are using the off the shelf versions of those GPUs, why is that hard to understand?

:laugh: @ "Optimized for either system" this simply shows that there is a massive horsepower gap between the two.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:merchant:

They are using the off the shelf versions of those GPUs, why is that hard to understand?

:laugh: @ "Optimized for either system" this simply shows that there is a massive horsepower gap between the two.
:snoop: neither system will be using "off the shelf" GPU's and we don't know enough about either to pick one up of the shelf as a direct comparison. Usless test.

And :dead: at "massive"

ps4 is 10 times the power of ps3. Go look at the graphical jump from killzone 3 to killzone 4. That's all you get for a "massive" jump. From rumored specs the ps4 gpu is only .5x faster than X1. The difference will be minuscule.