The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
nikka just don't respond any more all you are doing is fanboy shyt. Nobody talking who will out sell who.

You are so shamelessly full of shyt. YOU came in this thread talking about some "PSN Updates" out of nowhere trying to demand answers(stir shyt) from somebody when google is just a click away.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
xbots going full blown dumb lately, trying to bring up random debates about paying for multiplayer like they haven't been doing it for 6+ yrs. completely ignoring the fact we're getting two free games monthly, and most services will not be behind a paywall. why are they allowed to pollute gaming threads and arcadium in general? :wow:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Nope
You are so shamelessly full of shyt. YOU came in this thread talking about some "PSN Updates" out of nowhere trying to demand answers(stir shyt) from somebody when google is just a click away.
It did not come out of nowhere. It's a question has been ask many time before in other threads but always get "overlooked". MS has released some vids talking about the improvements on the new Live for X1 which naturally had me thinking the (non) improvements for PSN. I looked online and cant find anything. You sound awfully defensive why?:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
xbots going full blown dumb lately, trying to bring up random debates about paying for multiplayer like they haven't been doing it for 6+ yrs. completely ignoring the fact we're getting two free games monthly, and most services will not be behind a paywall. why are they allowed to pollute gaming threads and arcadium in general? :wow:
Deflecting deflecting deflecting

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
You're assuming there will be NO improvements at all? Nothing? Same EXACT experience as PS3?

Do you want everything spelled out for you like a child?
Are you assuming it will be improvements? The launch is a month away? How come Sony has not announced anything? Are you just so blindly loyal? Maybe you just don't know? Here are 2 MS vids that show the improvements on X1 live:

These are just 2 of many vids. Now you can stick your head in sand and hope for the best because you love all things Sony. But this is a legit question that Sony fans should ask.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
On PS4 it is mandatory to pay for PSN for online multiplayer. On PS3 its not so since I'm being forced to pay for it when it was free in the past what am I getting for my money?

How is Sony improving the PSN experience in order to justify the charge for online play?

What new features will be available?

What are they doing to address some of the shortcomings of PSN from the ps3 era?

:snoop: We've discussed this before.

1st thing to get out of the away, Online multiplayer behind a paywall on both XBLG & PS+ is Bullshyt. Steam has a better infrastructure than either XBL or PSN, without Valve using a paywall. I really hope SteamOS takes off, so it forces the console makers to drop their bullshyt online multiplayer paywall.

Now to answer y'all questions, The issues with PSN on PS3 are PS3 hardware issues (limited system RAM & outdated Wi-Fi chip). None of those issues are factors for the PS Vita & the PS4. If y'all are really so worried about PSN on PS4 (I don't think y'all are. It's obvious y'all trolling), y'all need to get your hands on a PS Vita for a week & compare PSN on PS Vita to PSN on PS3.

The PS Vita's Wi-Fi chip has the current standard 802.11n standard, unlike the PS3 which uses the outdated 802.11g standard. The PS Vita has more RAM to work with than either the PS3 or Xbox360:

ibpXKVzpD73WSs.gif

So, no! I ain't worried about PSN on PS4. Also, Sony is moving PSN from Amazon Web Services to Rackspace's Openstack. So, PSN will be running on a new cloud service.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I'm not assuming anything.

I asked if anything had been announced and I got attacked.

Do you know of any improvements or are you just giving Sony the benefit of the doubt?

PSN is going to have a spectator mode where you can tune in on your friends and watch them playing whatever it is they're playing and be able to comment,give them help or bonus health if they're running low or remotely take over their game.
You can choose whether to download the single player or multi first then play it before the entire game is downloaded.

You was there watching the conferences like everybody else you should know this.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

1st thing to get out of the away, Online multiplayer behind a paywall on both XBLG & PS+ is Bullshyt. Steam has a better infrastructure than either XBL or PSN, without Valve using a paywall. I really hope SteamOS takes off, so it forces the console makers to drop their bullshyt online multiplayer paywall.

Now to answer y'all questions, The issues with PSN on PS3 are PS3 hardware issues (limited system RAM & outdated Wi-Fi chip). None of those issues are factors for the PS Vita & the PS4. If y'all are really so worried about PSN on PS4 (I don't think y'all are. It's obvious y'all trolling), y'all need to get your hands on a PS Vita for a week & compare PSN on PS Vita to PSN on PS3.

The PS Vita's Wi-Fi chip has the current standard 802.11n standard, unlike the PS3 which uses the outdated 802.11g standard. The PS Vita has more RAM to work with than either the PS3 or Xbox360:

ibpXKVzpD73WSs.gif

So, no! I ain't worried about PSN on PS4. Also, Sony is moving PSN from Amazon Web Services to Rackspace's Openstack. So, PSN will be running on a new cloud service.

PSN being slow and bricking people's systems has nothing to do with ram.

PSN being insecure has nothing to do with ram.

PSN being unreliable has nothing to do with ram.

Sony not talking about improvements to PSN has nothing to do with ram.

Seems like you just made up a bunch of excuses and wishful thinking.

How does the move from amazon to rackspace improve PSN? Isn't amazon a better and more robust service already?

Are there any new features to look forward to on PSN?

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok

ibpXKVzpD73WSs.gif

That has nothing to do the the PSN infrastructure. Look at the two vids I posted for a better example on what Im talking about. Not to mention the Dedicated servers, Cloud storage etc.

PSN is going to have a spectator mode where you can tune in on your friends and watch them playing whatever it is they're playing and be able to comment,give them help or bonus health if they're running low or remotely take over their game.
You can choose whether to download the single player or multi first then play it before the entire game is downloaded.

You was there watching the conferences like everybody else you should know this.

See my previous post.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I honestly forgot about that stuff they said at the conference. Have they gone into more detail about how this will work? Price, availability, ect?

Is this it, or do you have more?