Daps
Reppin
BS3Hi3yCUAA_Jo7.jpg:large

Infamous :wow:
:wow:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I heard you can plug headphones into the DS4 and listen to the game audio. That'll be great for late night game sessions. :leon:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Wait, the PS4's Camera Will Enable Navigational Voice Commands?
Posted Fri 30th Aug 2013 06:00 by Sammy Barker
"PS4, play Killzone: Shadow Fall"

original.jpg

While we’re still not entirely comfortable with the idea of having conversations with our consoles, it sounds like Sony may actually be ripping a page out of Microsoft’s book. The product listing for the PlayStation 4’s enhanced PlayStation Eye camera on Amazon.com describes “navigational voice controls” as one of the device’s selling points.

Back in May, the platform holder posted a job request for a ‘Speech Recognition Engineering Intern’. According to that filing, the company was looking for someone to assist with the production of a solution for the “processing of noisy speech with human voice in the background”. That sounds a lot like living room voice detection to us.

Even more interesting is that the new PlayStation Eye features a “four channel microphone array”, which is designed to detect vocals from various different directions. Put it all together, and it sounds a lot like you’ll be able to eschew button presses in favour of voice commands. We’ve contacted Sony to make sure, and will update when we get word back.

Update: Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation Eye will support voice recognition on the PS4 (next quoted article)

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/08/wait_the_ps4s_camera_will_enable_navigational_voice_commands

Sony Confirms That You Will Be Able to Talk to Your PS4
Posted Fri 30th Aug 2013 09:30 by Sammy Barker
PlayStation Eye will enable voice recognition

original.jpg

You’re officially going to be able to talk to your PlayStation 4 console and get some kind of response.Following on from this morning’s reports, a Sony representative has told us that the next generation console will support voice recognition via the refreshed PlayStation Eye – but stopped short of sharing any further information.

An updated Amazon.com product page hinted at the functionality earlier today, stating that the camera will unlock “navigational voice controls”. The spokesperson that we talked to could only confirm the inclusion of voice recognition, but given the aforementioned description, it seems likely that you’ll be using the device to jump around the system’s interface in a similar manner to the Xbox One.

We’re sure that the platform holder will share more details nearer to launch. While the company opened its recent GamesCom press conference with a demonstration of the dashboard, we’re still yet to get a detailed look at the interface in action. With just a few months until release, though, we’re confident that the firm will provide a full walkthrough in due time.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/08/sony_confirms_that_you_will_be_able_to_talk_to_your_ps4

playstationcamera.jpg

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Really don't care about voice controls but that playroom looks like it could be alright to try. Won't buy one at launch but might try it eventually, especially if I can get it online for cheaper than 60.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Sony creates Third Party Production division
by Mike Suszek on Aug 30th 2013 11:59PM

x2kbl2ttadkambush_530x298.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ARIjhtD1Qu.jpg

Sony created a new division with the purpose of bringing third party games to its platforms, Vice President of Third Parties Adam Boyes announced during the PlayStation Indie Arcade event at PAX Prime today. During the event, Boyes elaborated on how the division came about, and it started with the desire to bring Borderlands 2to Vita. "We realized that we had to build an entire division in order to make Borderlands 2 on Vita happen," Boyes said.

To create the division, Sony hired Gio Corsi, former lead producer at LucasArts and executive producer of the now-haltedStar Wars 1313. "The big vision there was for us to be able to take these IPs from publishers and famous IPs that people love and then let developers work with it," Boyes said. Iron Galaxy Studios, developers of the recently-released fighter Divekick, will develop Borderlands 2 on Vita.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/30/sony-creates-third-party-production-division/

Blogpost on PlayStation Blog from Gio Corsi, Director of Third Party Production for SCEA:
More Great Games Coming to PlayStation via Third Party Production Team
AUG 30 2013 + Posted by Gio Corsi // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

9634689622_212010eb5c_o.jpg

Hello Gamers,

Moments ago, Adam Boyes introduced the latest addition to the Third Party Relations family at Playstation, a new group that I get to captain called Third Party Production. The Third Party Relations team at PlayStation is well known for developing solid relationships across this industry, and this new group will work closely with our publishing partners to bring their beloved IPs to some new places. This means you’ll see even more great games on PlayStation platforms, including new IP’s, ports, and localized products. In addition, our partners who are currently in production will have us as a resource to strengthen their development process, ensuring quality and consistency on all Third Party projects.

I’m really excited for our team to explore new opportunities on behalf of PlayStation. Even though we’re brand new to PlayStation, we’ve got years of experience in this industry already under our belt. We already have a project underway, the recently announced PS Vita version of Borderlands 2. We are extremely excited to work with Iron Galaxy Studios on this project and I cannot wait to show and tell you more down the road.

I will share more with you as our adventures continue and new games are made available. In the meantime, let me know in the comments what you want to see on PlayStation (PS3, PS4, PS Vita). Or contact me on Twitter through the ingenious and mesmerizing handle of @giocorsi — original I know, but man is it solid.

Talk soon guys and keep on playing!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-playstation-via-third-party-production-team/

Screen_Shot_2013_08_30_at_11_28_37_PM.png

:ohhh: I need Civ V on the PS4.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Lmao @ voice controls on ps4

Yet another thing Xbox doesn't have on PS4

I still don't care about this feature though.