The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
actually 3gs since 2 titans are still a g
The 4K monitor/TV is going to cost at the very least $1,000

I am like :ld: this better be worth it come January/February. I kinda have to sit tight until November to see what the FM2+ boards are all about. Gathering all my other pieces now.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Anyway, this is a PS4 thread.

I am hoping for that Vita/PS4 combo @ $500 does see the light of day. That thing will FLY off the shelves.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I called Target to check if I can pre order PS4 because I was hearing about dudes getting launch day PS4 pre orders at Target this week and dude tells me that was a mistake and they are going to release launch day pre order cards 7 days before November 15.

:shaq2:

Stuff like this is why I'm happy I preordered my launch day bundle from Amazon.

I'd be very pissed if I had to deal with preorder cards a week before release

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps

2013-08-31_132907onsjz.png

8jplgthf1s5q.gif

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
PS4_mobile_purchase.JPG

When Sony released one of its early promos for the PlayStation 4 it showed someone remotely access the PlayStation Store from their phone, purchase a game, and begin downloading that game to their PS4 -- all from their mobile device. Just the other day, Sony Worldwide Studios bss Shuhei Yoshida sort of explained how this feature will work.

"When you buy a PS4 game on smartphone, it will wake your PS4 up to start downloading the game," he explained. "PS4 goes back to sleep after that."

Yoshida's explanation echoes this type of functionality that he mentioned earlier this year in an interview with Eurogamer. "You can play offline, but you may want to keep it connected," he said at the time. "The system has the low-power mode - I don't know the official term - that the main system is shut down but the subsystem is awake. Downloading or updating or you can wake it up using either the tablet, smartphone or PS Vita."

For someone with slow internet, like myself, this feature is most welcomed as I'll now be able to download a game at work and have it be ready to play the moment I get home.

Source: Game Zone