Essential The Official Photography Thread

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
d800 is :ohmy: status

but youll do fine with a 5d mkII

Got a show next week and this is one the pics ill be showing. Getting it printed on a canvas as we speak. Thinking about selling it for 4-500. The gallery is taking a 30% cut for charity.

Untitled by MrEllis, on Flickr

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

But after messing with the tone options in Lightroom, I just set it to Fluorescent and I ended up going with this...

Which pic do yal prefer?

how you set it to Fluorescent bruh i just started fukkin with LR4 yesterday and all i've be able to do is make this shytty picture:

OiMxnEG.jpg

and make it into a slightly less shytty picture:

8ShArGd.jpg

help a nikka out :sadcam:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how you set it to Fluorescent bruh i just started fukkin with LR4 yesterday and all i've be able to do is make this shytty picture:

OiMxnEG.jpg

8ShArGd.jpg

I'll help you out when I get to the crib breh.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

OiMxnEG.jpg

8ShArGd.jpg

i kind of like the second pic breh :ld: feels very "vintage" very hot american summerish

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i kind of like the second pic breh :ld: feels very "vintage" very hot american summerish

thanks breh i wanted to make it feel like a super 8 film

but like i just started using LR so im still tryna figure out how to do alot of shyt and im lookin at the shyt nikkas postin in here like :wow::wow::wow::wow:

i aint shyt :sadcam:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thanks breh i wanted to make it feel like a super 8 film

but like i just started using LR so im still tryna figure out how to do alot of shyt and im lookin at the shyt nikkas postin in here like :wow::wow::wow::wow:

i aint shyt :sadcam:

i feel the same way breh. i need to start taking more pictures actually

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@T-K-G

Here's where you toggle that setting...

11c9rhw.jpg

27yv3i0.jpg

I believe this changes depending on how much LR picks up a particular color in the original shot. So even though it added a lot of purple to the photo that you quoted of mine, it may not do the same for that particular shot that you're editing.

Hope that helps...

EDIT: I see why you can't find that option in that picture... it's because it's not there. I shoot RAW files and it allows you to have more control when doing post processing in LR. That's why you can't change the white balance on that pic like I did on mine. You would have to tweak it manually.

Last edited by a moderator:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
[MENTION=1]

EDIT: I see why you can't find that option in that picture... it's because it's not there. I shoot RAW files and it allows you to have more control when doing post processing in LR. That's why you can't change the white balance on that pic like I did on mine. You would have to tweak it manually.

yea you're right i did all of my shyt manually i'll just look up how to do it that way

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yea you're right i did all of my shyt manually i'll just look up how to do it that way

What camera are you using? If you have the option to shoot RAW format, you will be able to make way more changes in LR4. Here's what I just threw together with that shot of yours by the way.

:ld:

281hkc2.jpg

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

What camera are you using? If you have the option to shoot RAW format, you will be able to make way more changes in LR4. Here's what I just threw together with that shot of yours by the way.

:ld:

281hkc2.jpg

canon 5d mrk ll but im not good at the technical shyt yet....

that shyt you did is clean i just tend to lean to a more vintage style.....how did you sharpen that pic tho i can never tell the difference when im doing the detailed shyt cuz on this one when you enlarge it the pixels looked fukkED

dnmnntj.jpg

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
canon 5d mrk ll but im not good at the technical shyt yet....

that shyt you did is clean i just tend to lean to a more vintage style.....how did you sharpen that pic tho i can never tell the difference when im doing the detailed shyt cuz on this one when you enlarge it the pixels looked fukkED

8ShArGd.jpg

Yeah, you def should be shooting in RAW format with that kind of camera.

I made it look sharper by using the Clarity option (I bumped it up to 19). I think it looks pixelated in the one you did because of the contrast with the colors is too high. I also added some grain to that picture to take away from the pixelation as well.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Yeah, you def should be shooting in RAW format with that kind of camera.

I made it look sharper by using the Clarity option (I bumped it up to 19). I think it looks pixelated in the one you did because of the contrast with the colors is too high. I also added some grain to that picture to take away from the pixelation as well.

idk man i already got the clarity on in my LR i think it might be whatever settings im exporting it with cuz it looks just as clean as yours right now in LR.....