Essential The Official Photography Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
one more from last weeks shoot. these pics might get some major press.

geneva28 by MrEllis, on Flickr

You use a softbox? Umbrella?

Yo I pictured this nikka @spinoza having the
owQa4.png
throughtout the shoot like ":rudy: This wack bytch"

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

I cant breathe

:laff: :laff:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Yo I went thru the same shyt with this chik who's a rapper...I got some good pics of her, but one I thought was a really dope pic of her, pretty much done edited it and everything...then she started complaining too much so I just said "f-it" and never finished the job. I'll post the pic up later when I get home. Females are a hassle to work with it, I know I'm gonna have to deal with that stuff when doing the wedding gig. Good luck with that. I been thinking about trying to do album cover shoots with underground heads.

Here's a pic that i've done of this chik I mentioned in the previous post...She has a fat ass but was pretty annoying to work with. I never got to send her this this pic done...she was iffy bout smiling because she was self conscious about her teeth. She was pretty dead to work with and annoying also.
f3yjk6.jpg

...thats my logo on the pic. This was before I joined this site and became "Mike Ock" lol.

This is the original:
2lcb9t5.jpg

EDIT: Sorry about the angle its at. The background took a bulk of the time editing and trying to get that piece of her dress to appear to cover that part of her thigh where its not at in the actual pic.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You use a softbox? Umbrella?

Yo I pictured this nikka @spinoza having the
owQa4.png
throughtout the shoot like ":rudy: This wack bytch"

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

I cant breathe

:laff: :laff:

It was pretty much like that.

And no softbox or umbrella, that pic was taken outside and I used the flash.

Moving into a new apartment a floor down in my building. Plan on using it as a make shift studio until I can find a reasonable priced loft. This place has floor to ceiling windows so im in for a lot of natural light. :ohlawd:

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Aight brehs, so I really had a rough time figuring out which version of this photo to use as my pic for the day...

Original:
34fl0fq.jpg

I was leaning towards this one...
2rgz6uf.jpg

But after messing with the tone options in Lightroom, I just set it to Fluorescent and I ended up going with this...

43/365 by K e N, on Flickr

Which pic do yal prefer?

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
OT but

I'm thinking about getting a d800. For $2400 IT'S QUITE expensive but I wanna shoot the best possible videos possible. If I can find one used, I'd get it as well. Photography comes second to me. I'm affiliated with some artists that are already signed to major and I need my product to look as clean as possible. Been learning Adobe premiere and after effects the last few weeks, trynna get my Hype Williams on.

Others on my radar are
Canon 5d mark II
Canon 7d
Nikon d7000
Nikon d600

I could prolly find a canon 5d Mark II (used) for a lil over 1k and just buy lenses and video gear with the left over cash. What do y'all think?