Essential The Official Photography Thread

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
one thing i'll say @spinoza is that you have the ability to kinda give that "grit" of real life to your photos, even to a city not known for grit like Toronto. You already know i'm a fan, i just wanted to say that though.

Keep up the good work...hopefully i can catch the hell up :whew:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anybody familiar with the Brush tool in Lightroom?

If so, is there anyway to apply a segment/section that you've taken from the Spot Removal tool and use it with a brush?

EDIT: Nevermind, this is a Photoshop Brush tool job.
:obama:

e G o Maniac

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just curious, how does a typical editing routine go for you guys? Do you use Photoshop? Lightroom? Both? Which order? And what's usually your first order of business when going to edit a photo?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just curious, how does a typical editing routine go for you guys? Do you use Photoshop? Lightroom? Both? Which order? And what's usually your first order of business when going to edit a photo?

Funny you ask this, because I literally just looked into this just now when I was editing a picture that I took back on Christmas.

From what I gathered, for RAW files it's best to do all your Lightroom editing first. Get your lens/profile stuff like you want it in LR, and then for the precision editing bring that file over to Photoshop for that. It's best to do it that way because once your take the RAW file to PS and make changes, once you save it, you can't access the RAW tweaks/setting inputs back in LR.

Like, no bull, I just watched this before I checked this thread.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Here's what the pic I was messing with though...

Anthony Jr. by K e N, on Flickr

From this...
wbs4jm.jpg

:deadrose: @ me not noticing his shirt until after I got home and put the pics on the computer.

Threw the stains in the bushes.