Essential The Official Photography Thread

Daps

Picked up a mavic mini 2 this week :wow:

This lil thing is so fun. Im currently working on my DFW Ariel video right now.

6-BCEEC08-C88-C-4-FF8-A5-B8-69-FB70-D7-DA5-C.gif

9-AF0-CB0-E-053-A-4-A56-A366-F12-FF3-EB9-FB3.gif

Last edited:

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
I know this is borderline disrespectful, but can you do a rundown of how you get to this result.. I mean I take pics all over the world. Sony a7iii, glass cost me about $800.. Taking portraits to long range.. They never come out with this PROFESSIONAL look. Almost like film. Like when you film something and then look at a movie. Yea it's the same lengths and areas, but that movie looks PROFESSIONAL.. These pics look like out of a magazine..

Are you bringing the lighting and lighting this special? Is this all manual shooting? Is it the settings? Is it all in the edits? Lightroom vs Photoshop. Masks vs brushes.. Are you taking 10 mins to edit each photo or 90 minutes?

This is fukking AMAZING. And no matter how many master classes I watch on how to shoot something, it's always looking like some regular ass pics to me. These look like they came out of Vogue

I don't think he's going to give all that away expect be vague. That is how he makes his money. It's what separates him from the next photographer.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I don't think he's going to give all that away expect be vague. That is how he makes his money. It's what separates him from the next photographer.
LOL. Honestly, there's no special hidden technique or anything that i'm doing. You still really have to practice. Most of what i've learned came from youtube and the rest came from trial & error. I know a few photographers personally that would make slick little passive comments about me doing "free" shoots, then they would come back asking how i did something or I could I walk them through a whole shoot damn start to finished photoshoot and editing. LOL

But yeah, I've posted about which types of youtube channels i've watched. And I always tell people, if you're watching some of these popular youtube photographers many of them don't teach you shyt beyond some basics and they just stretch their vids out to hit a certain time so they can be monetized. I swear i damn near rage-unsubbed from Peter McKinnon's trash ass channel one day because he spent like 5 minutes bullshytting and making coffee on some "How To..." video one day. People like him don't teach shyt, that's why alot of people hit a wall and start asking about getting to the next level of image quality. I've said it before but if you want real info it's often going to come from some of those "boring" hour long lighting videos or hour long portrait studio tutorials from some of those adorama dudes or whatever.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nah I didn’t want a step by step. Just a general idea of where to focus my knowledge. I’ll keep uploading pics and you’ll see what I mean. They look like regular pics. No pizzazz lol.

LOL. Honestly, there's no special hidden technique or anything that i'm doing. You still really have to practice. Most of what i've learned came from youtube and the rest came from trial & error. I know a few photographers personally that would make slick little passive comments about me doing "free" shoots, then they would come back asking how i did something or I could I walk them through a whole shoot damn start to finished photoshoot and editing. LOL

But yeah, I've posted about which types of youtube channels i've watched. And I always tell people, if you're watching some of these popular youtube photographers many of them don't teach you shyt beyond some basics and they just stretch their vids out to hit a certain time so they can be monetized. I swear i damn near rage-unsubbed from Peter McKinnon's trash ass channel one day because he spent like 5 minutes bullshytting and making coffee on some "How To..." video one day. People like him don't teach shyt, that's why alot of people hit a wall and start asking about getting to the next level of image quality. I've said it before but if you want real info it's often going to come from some of those "boring" hour long lighting videos or hour long portrait studio tutorials from some of those adorama dudes or whatever.
that’s all I needed fam. Thank you. I’ll check out some more of your posts. I have no problem watching the boring stuff. You’re right, everything I watch from these bug following accounts is the same basic ish. I actually find more info and ideas from IG guys. Those types who show how they make poses

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

Or better the guys who show you how make interesting content without all the extra shyt

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

But never do I find people who help you with the fine tuning. Taking that next big step. Going from IG dope pics to print quality type stuff. It’s just another level that you’re on. I don’t want to copy your style or nothing. Just upgrade mine to a level that separates.

Last edited:

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps

It's like forex....I know plenty of people making money teaching people forex but not actually doing forex :yeshrug:

Peter probably makes more money teaching photography than doing photography :yeshrug: