51271663132_59fe50a9d4_c_d.jpg
51272409806_e3de2ac3c6_c_d.jpg
51273439720_be7ba2ab6f_c_d.jpg

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I know this is borderline disrespectful, but can you do a rundown of how you get to this result.. I mean I take pics all over the world. Sony a7iii, glass cost me about $800.. Taking portraits to long range.. They never come out with this PROFESSIONAL look. Almost like film. Like when you film something and then look at a movie. Yea it's the same lengths and areas, but that movie looks PROFESSIONAL.. These pics look like out of a magazine..

Are you bringing the lighting and lighting this special? Is this all manual shooting? Is it the settings? Is it all in the edits? Lightroom vs Photoshop. Masks vs brushes.. Are you taking 10 mins to edit each photo or 90 minutes?

This is fukking AMAZING. And no matter how many master classes I watch on how to shoot something, it's always looking like some regular ass pics to me. These look like they came out of Vogue

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I know this is borderline disrespectful, but can you do a rundown of how you get to this result.. I mean I take pics all over the world. Sony a7iii, glass cost me about $800.. Taking portraits to long range.. They never come out with this PROFESSIONAL look. Almost like film. Like when you film something and then look at a movie. Yea it's the same lengths and areas, but that movie looks PROFESSIONAL.. These pics look like out of a magazine..

Are you bringing the lighting and lighting this special? Is this all manual shooting? Is it the settings? Is it all in the edits? Lightroom vs Photoshop. Masks vs brushes.. Are you taking 10 mins to edit each photo or 90 minutes?

This is fukking AMAZING. And no matter how many master classes I watch on how to shoot something, it's always looking like some regular ass pics to me. These look like they came out of Vogue

A lot of it is lighting, some of it is the glass, and some of it is the editing. It's also color contrast, something as simple as picking a color for your subject that contrasts/complements the background can make them pop from the photo a lot more.

Beyond that, it's technique and patience to line up and tweak the shot until you're actually happy with the result.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A lot of it is lighting, some of it is the glass, and some of it is the editing. It's also color contrast, something as simple as picking a color for your subject that contrasts/complements the background can make them pop from the photo a lot more.

Beyond that, it's technique and patience to line up and tweak the shot until you're actually happy with the result.
I been bullshytting long enough... I'm going to start posting and getting some criticism. We have some greatness on the coli and I respect y'all talent for real.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

lots and lots of practice. definitely not 90 minutes. I know there are some super high in commercial retouchers that literally do a damn retouch down on the pixel level and spend hours. but nah not even close to 90 minutes. some are using lighting. the ones in the stairwell are natural light.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Dude is like Wayne Gretzky out here

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm a traveler and I own a clothing line based on traveling. I'm going to try not and make these look like promotions. But thats what most of my pics consist of. Here's DC 2020

Edit: @Pressure how do you post the big pics like you did from flickr

dope
I also do your style try and get a daytime/nightime shot of the same thing.