Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've had my head down just building and stacking my coins up for my next camera. I started doing websites for a few folks I've known since elementary and it's been pretty decent, plus it goes hand in hand with photography and video content.

Initially, I set out to get the A7Siii or the FX3, but now I'm getting in that A1 or FX6 range in terms of my budget. I got a chance to test out the A7Siii for hours for a music video I shot this week. Obliviously, I felt right at home with it, so with that being the cheapest option, I wouldn't have an issue getting that and using the rest for gear.

Waiting to see what Sony does with the 4 as well.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'm just now finding out there is a whole like photography conference thing happening here today. I didn't know about it or anything until now. Sittin at work mad. The people from Creative Soul photography are there too. I'm kind of heated. Didn't see any advertising about it or anything. Just saw some photographer post about it in a FB group. :unimpressed:

Creative Soul Photography is the couple that does these pics:
feature_creative_soul_photography_afro_art_photo_summer_series_2019_featured-image.jpg

:snoop:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm just now finding out there is a whole like photography conference thing happening here today. I didn't know about it or anything until now. Sittin at work mad. The people from Creative Soul photography are there too. I'm kind of heated. Didn't see any advertising about it or anything. Just saw some photographer post about it in a FB group. :unimpressed:

Creative Soul Photography is the couple that does these pics:
feature_creative_soul_photography_afro_art_photo_summer_series_2019_featured-image.jpg

:snoop:
:ufdup:
Definitely a day to call off

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Ive basically thrown my life in the bushes to spend as much of my free time on photography as possible. Haven't touched a dumbbell in a minute, but it gets balanced out because I'll skip meals just to edit another photo.:francis:

Finished up developing my fourteenth roll of color film tonight. I shot an expired roll of 'Kodacolor,' and while I can see some images when I put a light to the strip, it's noticeably darker from the other rolls I developed alongside it. Should make for some... interesting... scans.:lupe:

This shyt is fun y'all. Here are some shots I got from Sunday.

IMG-0002.jpg

IMG-0009.jpg

IMG-0013.jpg

IMG-0035.jpg

Finally got over my fear or asking random people for pictures lol.

Last edited:

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
Ive basically thrown my life in the bushes to spend as much of my free time on photography as possible. Haven't touched a dumbbell in a minute, but it gets balanced out because I'll skip meals just to edit another photo.:francis:

Finally got over my fear or asking random people for pictures lol.
Thats what i need to get over, fear asking people for photos, thats whats keeping me from really getting to that next level.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Thats what i need to get over, fear asking people for photos, thats whats keeping me from really getting to that next level.

You might be surprised at how easy it is bro. I haven't had anyone turn me down yet.:blessed:

I feel that having a camera in your hand is how you get your foot in the door lol.

I would walk up to someone, say something like "excuse me, can I take a photograph of you?" while raising my camera up to eye level.

Most people didn't even need convincing, but it does also help to have an idea of why you feel compelled to photograph someone, so that you can explain that to them.

For the photo of the guy with the "fukk Off" shirt, I asked if I could take a picture and explained that I thought his shirt was dope.

For the baby picture, I asked if that was his daughter, and if I could photograph them together.

The two girls on the couch immediately said yes, and even got up to move the couch around (couch was on wheels too lmao.)

Don't be afraid bro! I got my feet wet by shooting at Carnaval here, so maybe go look for big events/festivals in your city where people are going to be a little more relaxed about photography.

Once you get that first one out the way, you're gonna be asking people left and right. I seen these two skaters pull up to the corner store and I was just like "Aye, can I take a picture of you guys?"

And they were like "hell yeah!" :russ:

IMG-0001.jpg