ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Eightdollarsruserious.jpg

$8 at an estate sale.:obama:

Everything looks to be clean and in good working order. My first point and shoot.

Edit:

SO it turns out this camera has a funky history surrounding its battery. Fuji made it so that these cameras did not have a user replaceable battery, you had to send these in to a Fuji dealer when the battery died. They updated and released a second model that changed that, but unfortunately, I stumbled upon the first model.:francis:

On the first model, they used some funky battery and soldered everything. Information on this is scarce, although I found a couple posts vaguely explaining how they changed the battery themselves.

Good news though! The battery still fukking runs on this thing.:blessed:

To load it, you pop open the back, drop in the film, and line up the film over the middle/ make sure the perforations line up with the sprockets.

Once you close the back, the motor or w/e pulls the film out, and counts the number of exposures. From how I understand it, everytime you take a picture, the film is rolled back into the canister, that way if you accidentally open the back, the pictures you took won't be exposed to light because it's been rewound into the canister.

PXL-20210417-195549236.jpg

PXL-20210417-195629414.jpg

As you can see, the cam came with a sticker with the date 7/1/92. This battery is nearly 30 years old, but still got some life in it.:wow:

That's a good find. I'm on the hunt for medium format cameras at an estate sale. Do you develop your own film?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
From my first shoot after barely touching my camera in well over a year. This house had nothing but huge windows and skylights letting in all that natural light. I barely used my strobe and just propped up a reflector for some fill. I also used a Black Pro Mist filter to take off some of the sharpness from shooting digital. Honestly, I could have done better.:francis:

image-asset.jpeg

image-asset.jpeg

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
getting this today, on the fed ex truck at the moment :blessed:

View attachment 30775

Good to hear. Love some softboxes, I have a 48" octabox and a 36 x 48 soft box plus a few 22" beauty dishes. The light they put out is just :ohlawd:

From my first shoot after barely touching my camera in well over a year. This house had nothing but huge windows and skylights letting in all that natural light. I barely used my strobe and just propped up a reflector for some fill. I also used a Black Pro Mist filter to take off some of the sharpness from shooting digital. Honestly, I could have done better.:francis:

image-asset.jpeg

image-asset.jpeg

Nice shots, I kinda miss shooting glamour portrait shots. Been thinking about maybe getting back into it. I knew a dude who used to flip houses up in the nicer parts around Detroit MI. He'd let me come through with a model to shoot in a newly renovated big ass house. Places were perfect for shooting.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good to hear. Love some softboxes, I have a 48" octabox and a 36 x 48 soft box plus a few 22" beauty dishes. The light they put out is just :ohlawd:

Nice shots, I kinda miss shooting glamour portrait shots. Been thinking about maybe getting back into it. I knew a dude who used to flip houses up in the nicer parts around Detroit MI. He'd let me come through with a model to shoot in a newly renovated big ass house. Places were perfect for shooting.

Glamour, boudoir, pinup and erotic are my forte. There was supposed to be some implied nude, but there was some fukkery going on with the space and privacy not being respected.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
That's a good find. I'm on the hunt for medium format cameras at an estate sale. Do you develop your own film?

I only just recently got into photography, but I definitely want to try medium format. My friends has got an old Soviet camera, Kiev I think, that he said I could use whenever. Gonna have to try my hand at that soon.

And yeah, I developed my first roll of B&W like a month ago or so, and successfully developed color this past Sunday. I was so juiced, I developed another two rolls on Monday.:lolbron:

You gotta let us know if you find a medium format at an estate sale, or if you pick one up though. I hardly know anything about them, so it'd be cool seeing what you pick up.