Essential The Official Photography Thread

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Anyone in here shoot film?

I'm going to Florida in two weeks, and I kind of don't want to take my dslr, since I brought it there last year. Wouldn't mind going there and experimenting with film... well, just getting into film in general.

Any suggestions on cameras, film, etc.?

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Welll... I pm liquid he never got back to me so I guess were on our own

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone in here shoot film?

I'm going to Florida in two weeks, and I kind of don't want to take my dslr, since I brought it there last year. Wouldn't mind going there and experimenting with film... well, just getting into film in general.

Any suggestions on cameras, film, etc.?
I've been shooting film over the summer, but mostly using this weird little point and shoot.

Good slrs include: Canon AE-1, Pentax K-1000, pentax p3, pentax me, nikon fm2 and more ish like that. You can check out flickr and sort by most interesting to see what kinda shots people get with just about any camera.

Rangefinders are pretty dope (if you can get one that's working properly) and also there are a couple of olympus stylus point and shoots that have pretty amazing lenses. With the olympus (infinity, mjuii, xa, xa2, xa4, etc.) make sure you get one w/o a zoom. The fixed focal length lens quality is amazing. Hit up you local thrift stores, they'll occasionally have one of those olympus cams for a few bucks. Great steal.

you can normally find packets of film (sometimes expired, sometimes not, look for the stuff that has been kept in a cool, dry place; freezer is even better) on ebay, amazon, your local camera store. Hell even cvs has fuji superia. It's more expensive at a drug store, though.

Oh... To get my shyt developed, I just ask for develop only at CVS, then get scans done to cd at walgreens. about 7 dollars a roll that way. I just take black and white film to walmart. They send it out to Fuji, who develops it and sends it back two weeks later. Paid 1.88 for development last time. Before that, I went to a local shop and they ended up charging me 30 dollars for one fukking roll. Never again :sadto:

Here are some of the shots I just got back. Minolta Talker, Kodak 400tx

PwqLC.jpg

F8T2d.jpg

dWNED.jpg

1Gb58.jpg

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i guess the one thing im trying to get rid of, is my fear of taking photos outside and people looking at me like :leostare:

It can be exhilarating though. I'm definitely still too shook sometimes, but I feel like I regret not taking it more than taking it, ya know? Shoot first ask questions/permission/for forgiveness later.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Somebody that has pull try to get this thread stickied.

Cause I tried to contact liquid he didnt respond

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
yo any of you do any star trails?

i swear if i had some free time i would spend so long trying for that shyt, stacking shots

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7077/7384228392_92f55b5710_k.jpg

star trails take a really long time and you have to be in like complete darkness to do them right and fairly far away from the light pollution of cities. I would but not only am i in the city i need my cam too much to just leave it in the woods over night...