Essential The Official Photography Thread

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Was going to ask if any of you are doing a 365 this year. (Nice work btw @GoldenGlove) I completed one in 2011 ... then pretty much neglected my camera for most of last year, so decided to start one up for this year. Just after 6 days I'm remembering why I love photography. Finding photos to take though is :bryan:. Forgot how some days you just can't seem to find anything to photography that's seemingly worthwhile.

I'll drop some recent photos when I finish editing these family pictures from Christmas. Moms been on my case about seeing them. :lolbron:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Took these today
a1f4.jpg

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anyone know of any good photography schools? I need to put this military G.I. Bill to use.
  • School of the Art Institute of Chicago
  • San Francisco Art Institute
  • Maryland Institute College of Art
  • California Institute of the Arts
Pretty much an art school, however most colleges even at the community college level offer photography related degrees/certificates and classes.
Even tho im in school for engineering, im taking a photography related class next semester, so even if you want a degree in something else, you can take some photo classes on the side.

http://www.ehow.com/about_4579832_what-best-photography-schools.html

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ah, cool.

There's a fountain that resembles that pretty close to my apartment ... might take something similar. Love how those lights turned out as well.
Yeah a longer exposure will cause the lights to bleed kinda, and give that star/twilight effect..if you are having trouble achieving a longer exposure, drop the iso, and shrink the aperture....good luck and post the results