Essential The Official Photography Thread

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Is that in a club? Did he seem upset when you took those pics?

Sorry just saw this.... no I don't think so. It was a "surprise" that he showed up. Well i knew he was gonna be there\......i was supposed to be on stage but the weekend entourage and justin biebers entourage came so the ppl i came with suddently became less important haha.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
@wutang512 is alive and well:wow:

Got over 1k of lighting gear and modifiers on the way to the crib and still aint done. I :camby: the alien bee's and going speedlight all the way. I'll drop pics of the setup once everything is in.

Got the beauty dish on deck w/ the boom stand for all them hard to get angles :shaq:
Got the 36" softbox on the side like :steviej: for any fill light needed.
Got multiple umbrellas in case I need an all cac everything backgound :wow:

no more half assin...SSJ3 on the way

supersaiyankid.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Got over 1k of lighting gear and modifiers on the way to the crib and still aint done. I :camby: the alien bee's and going speedlight all the way. I'll drop pics of the setup once everything is in.

Got the beauty dish on deck w/ the boom stand for all them hard to get angles :shaq:

supersaiyankid.gif

:damn::wow::whew:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps

supersaiyankid.gif
:lupe:
Why did you give the Alienbees the :camby: I was thinking about just getting two AB800s and one speedlight, now im :mindblown: Are they not worth it?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
@JoelB why you giving up on the alienbees and going with strictly speedlites?
:lupe:
Why did you give the Alienbees the :camby: I was thinking about just getting two AB800s and one speedlight, now im :mindblown: Are they not worth it?

Nah, the AB800's are great... probably the best bang for your buck when talkin bout quality studio lighting.

The thing that won me over was

1. The modifiers. Some only work with speedlights and some studio lights, and instead of mixing and matching, I want all mine to be speedlight compatible without worrying about adapters.

and

2. the portability

I can throw 3 Yongnuo w/ this bracket in my softbox and can match the output of an Alien Bee (also cheaper) and dont have to worry about always needing an outlet or spending another $250+ on a portable power supply when I decide I want to do a location shoot (which is often). One less thing to carry around.

The shoot I did with the white girl in the park, my aperture was under f/2.8 for a lot of the shots, so Im not worried about light coming in. A benefit of shootin wit prime lenses

All of my modifiers are also "umbrella" style which means I can fold it open without having to take out the rods...again more ease of use.

For how I shoot, I thought it was a better move. The downside is speedlights dont have a modeling light so there is no way for me to "preview" my lighting, but I shoot digital...I'll check the lcd and histogram with a couple test shots and I'll be straight.

Also when I start doing multiple shoots in one day, not sure how hard Imma be able to push the speedlights, since everything I've done up until this point have been 2-3 hour shoots at a time. Worst case scenario, I'll cop a AB800/1600 to leave in the studio to deal with intensive shoots if/when I ever get to that point.

I'll give updates to let you know if it was a good move :guilty:

*edit*

I tried to leave a link to the triple flash bracket from amazon but it aint showin

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, the AB800's are great... probably the best bang for your buck when talkin bout quality studio lighting.

The thing that won me over was

1. The modifiers. Some only work with speedlights and some studio lights, and instead of mixing and matching, I want all mine to be speedlight compatible without worrying about adapters.

and

2. the portability

I can throw 3 Yongnuo w/ this bracket in my softbox and can match the output of an Alien Bee (also cheaper) and dont have to worry about always needing an outlet or spending another $250+ on a portable power supply when I decide I want to do a location shoot (which is often). One less thing to carry around.

The shoot I did with the white girl in the park, my aperture was under f/2.8 for a lot of the shots, so Im not worried about light coming in. A benefit of shootin wit prime lenses

All of my modifiers are also "umbrella" style which means I can fold it open without having to take out the rods...again more ease of use.

For how I shoot, I thought it was a better move. The downside is speedlights dont have a modeling light so there is no way for me to "preview" my lighting, but I shoot digital...I'll check the lcd and histogram with a couple test shots and I'll be straight.

Also when I start doing multiple shoots in one day, not sure how hard Imma be able to push the speedlights, since everything I've done up until this point have been 2-3 hour shoots at a time. Worst case scenario, I'll cop a AB800/1600 to leave in the studio to deal with intensive shoots if/when I ever get to that point.

I'll give updates to let you know if it was a good move :guilty:

*edit*

I tried to leave a link to the triple flash bracket from amazon but it aint showin
:patrice:

Reading this made me realize that I don't know shyt about shooting in a studio setting

:dead: