Essential The Official Photography Thread

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I know what u mean about dial settings. Going from my Canon to the Fuji was a little frustrating at first, but it's become second nature now. I dunno, but I think dslr cams are so common now a days, you won't look like a tourist. I think pouches/fanny packs pretty much say "abduct me and hold me for ransom" mores than cameras.
Im more worried about when I go to mexico, when I had my Rebel T3 I could just put my pancake lens on and it would be small enough, but the 7D is just too big, I dont want to in no way stand out as somebody with money....the fuji is has a 23mm lens on it right? with the 6D or 5D I would be at 24mm does it have other lenses?

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Im more worried about when I go to mexico, when I had my Rebel T3 I could just put my pancake lens on and it would be small enough, but the 7D is just too big, I dont want to in no way stand out as somebody with money....the fuji is has a 23mm lens on it right? with the 6D or 5D I would be at 24mm does it have other lenses?

Yeah a fixed 23mm. Wait, the 6D is full frame?

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah a fixed 23mm. Wait, the 6D is full frame?
yeah they have the bundle at best but with the 6D and the 24-105 L for like $2000

I'm hoping some rich person I know gets it for me, so I can keep my 7D, but I might end up selling it cuz the chances are slim...ima wait until the 7D mark 2 drops before I make any moves.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Y'all I got that full frame itch :noah:

With disposable camera pockets :to:

Is anybody on full frame? Is it worth the jump?
im on full frame. and just copped a nikon 24-70 as well :noah:

the difference is well worth it imo, if you're serious enough about photography. you do get a lot more out of your lenses. 50mm and 85mm on a full frame is literally perfect :wow:

old pic from last year

Downstare Throwback
by Black_Tux, on Flickr

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
(I copy this news from another user from another forum)

500px uses HTML, not BB Code, so you need a converter.

Take the Embed code from a 500px image (there is an EMBED button) then go to this converter to get the BB Code:

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/

Then remove the end of the code, the bit that says [/size]

Then just place the new code in your post here.

an example of mine:

Parrot
by
David H

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
BEFORE

355/365
by K e N, on Flickr

AFTER

357/365
by K e N, on Flickr

:ld:

We'll see how this goes
What type of lights you got, i was thinking about getting the lil kit off B&H its a two light continous set up for li $100, but then Im thinking I wont be satisfied, and that the alienbees b800s would be a better purchase, but its like 5x the money for two.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What type of lights you got, i was thinking about getting the lil kit off B&H its a two light continous set up for li $100, but then Im thinking I wont be satisfied, and that the alienbees b800s would be a better purchase, but its like 5x the money for two.
The kit came with these...

(2) x Lighting Bulb 85W CFL 6500K

I'm sure their trash compared to the other stuff that gets used on here, but I really just wanted a basic kit just to get started.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Book On The Chair

11541931646_eed5979b88_c.jpg

..this was a dope un-expected gift from my girl earlier today. I threw it on a chair and for some reason I just looked at the positioning of everything and Jay-Z's Blueprint album cover came to mind. Added my own twist to it.