Essential The Official Photography Thread

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@spinoza
@JoelB
@Raiders

What y'all soft box game looking like? I got a nice sized living room, keep getting asked about head shots and figured I just do em in there. If y'all use any, post a link up if possible.
Don't have one, I done even have a flash, but I am taking a studio lighting class next semester. If I find out any good tips from class i'll post them here tho.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
No soft box yet but it works with my style.

Don't have one, I done even have a flash, but I am taking a studio lighting class next semester. If I find out any good tips from class i'll post them here tho.

Shyt, I need one within a week and a half. The ex (ya homegirl Spinoza, lol) got me a backdrop and light meter which I never used. I'm thinking this will work. :yeshrug:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Shyt, I need one within a week and a half. The ex (ya homegirl Spinoza, lol) got me a backdrop and light meter which I never used. I'm thinking this will work. :yeshrug:

I was thinking of getting one of those kits but I was advised that its better to get good quality lighting because it makes a difference. Im rocking with one of these

http://www.paulcbuff.com/b800.php

Untitled
by MrEllis, on Flickr

selfie
by MrEllis, on Flickr

Untitled
by MrEllis, on Flickr

Pretty good for just one strobe. Plan on copping two more soon.

Finalizing a deal with universal this week for the biggest and hopefully the best photos of my career. I feel so stressed out im going to die.

I kind of understand why a lot of portraits in media are pretty average. Its because there is so many little things that need to be taken care of first and the act of taking the photos are actually the least important part (to the client i guess) .

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I was thinking of getting one of those kits but I was advised that its better to get good quality lighting because it makes a difference. Im rocking with one of these

http://www.paulcbuff.com/b800.php

Untitled
by MrEllis, on Flickr

selfie
by MrEllis, on Flickr

Untitled
by MrEllis, on Flickr

Pretty good for just one strobe. Plan on copping two more soon.

Finalizing a deal with universal this week for the biggest and hopefully the best photos of my career. I feel so stressed out im going to die.

I kind of understand why a lot of portraits in media are pretty average. Its because there is so many little things that need to be taken care of first and the act of taking the photos are actually the least important part (to the client i guess) .

Hmm…I dunno, I'd just rather have the 3 lights rather than one. I think the stands on them are a little shaky though.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Hmm…I dunno, I'd just rather have the 3 lights rather than one. I think the stands on them are a little shaky though.

I feel ya and if your just doing random jobs around the house youll be fine. I kind of wish I had 3 lights right now but Ive found some creative ways to make it work.

By the way with the alien bees you can sync your on camera flash with the strobe.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I feel ya and if your just doing random jobs around the house youll be fine. I kind of wish I had 3 lights right now but Ive found some creative ways to make it work.

By the way with the alien bees you can sync your on camera flash with the strobe.

Yeah, I saw that mentioned in the description. I think that great. I'll keep doing my research till fri or saturday. Good looks on the tip though.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

word. just needs the right kind of simplicity to make it stand out

Abbey+Road.jpg

basic but still :wow: at the same damn time

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
@spinoza
@JoelB
@Raiders

What y'all soft box game looking like? I got a nice sized living room, keep getting asked about head shots and figured I just do em in there. If y'all use any, post a link up if possible.

My "studio" setup is about to be 1 key light, which will be modified with a beauty dish. Im gonna use the Alien Bee b800 for this. I have a reflective umbrella that I use,which is cool if you need soft light, but I will be shooting in a tight space and you cant really control the light from a Umbrella like you can with a softbox. I've seen some good work used with a stripbox thats pretty impressive too.

I decided to just go ahead with them Yongnuo yn-560 ii that I was talking about. Gonna cop 2 and use when I do my outside portraits (for convenience) and when I'm inside, I'll use them as a hair/fill light If I need it.

This .pdf will give you some ideas too.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/9b9d1k6nye6swcq/Manual_And_Diagrams.pdf

I'll take pictures of my setup when I get all my equipment in this month.

:lupe: what u cookin up over there breh?