The Official Penny Dreadful Thread

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I thought City of Angels was cool. Worth the watch.

Just finished S1 of the OG and this shyt is flames. Couldnt always following the time jumps, but Eva Green is KILLING this role. On to S2 now.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I still wonder how come showtime didnt run this show into the ground like they usually do...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Finished it. Great fukkin' show. :banderas:

Season 3 was the weakest, but still pretty solid. Didn't care for Dorian's/Lily's storyline in the last season.

Overall, I'll put it in my top 15-20, maybe top 10. I've become a fan of the Monsters and this show did it right. Too bad the movieverse will likely not live up to the show (if it's ever done). I know it's not related to this series, but I'll check out the CoA mini-series in the future.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
the more i think on it and look back

eva green COMPLETELY carried this show :snoop: i was just talking to a friend and there were so many plot lines that went nowhere, good characters wasted on bullshyt (dorian :beli:), and horrible pacing issues

i dont know if i want this :hubie:

Eva was great, but you can't disrespect the supporting cast like that. :childplease:

Everyone played their part and put in to making the show awesome. John Clare was superb as the Monster.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Never forgive sho for making them rush this ending. I still enjoy it but you can tell they were double timing through s3 to get to a conclusive ending. It's been awhile but I do remember reading something a long the lines of there being material for a s4 but they kenw this was gonna be the last so they blitzed through it. It definitely feels like they smashed two shorter seasons together.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Never forgive sho for making them rush this ending. I still enjoy it but you can tell they were double timing through s3 to get to a conclusive ending. It's been awhile but I do remember reading something a long the lines of there being material for a s4 but they kenw this was gonna be the last so they blitzed through it. It definitely feels like they smashed two shorter seasons together.
I didn’t realize they canceled it until I read it here. Coulda went 2-3 more seasons. :snoop:

Was it because of the budget? they coulda canceled 1 or 2 other shows and kept this piff on. :francis:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I didn’t realize they canceled it until I read it here. Coulda went 2-3 more seasons. :snoop:

Was it because of the budget? they coulda canceled 1 or 2 other shows and kept this piff on. :francis:
I think it had to be the budget. Like others have said, SHO is kinda notorious for keeping shows going well past their prime. Critics liked this too but I don't think it ever found a big audience to justify the budget for them.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Eva was great, but you can't disrespect the supporting cast like that. :childplease:

Everyone played their part and put in to making the show awesome. John Clare was superb as the Monster.
Eva Green was on a whole other level with the acting job she did on this show but Rory Kinnear was also amazing as Frankenstein's Monster/John Clare; Simon Russell Beale added such depth to what could've been a joke character in Ferdindand Lyle; Helen McCrory and Timothy Dalton were great.

And Billie Piper did great work too which surprised me a bit. I'd put Piper's monologue in Memento Mori where Lily drops the façade and reveals her true self to John Clare to be up there with some of the best work in the whole series.