The Official New Rory & Mal Podcast Thread

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
first episode was decent enough.

they at least sound like they actually want to be in each others company
which makes a change from their last few months on the pod w/ Joe.

they sounded like they were in character/had broadcast voice on early on in the pod but they settled in.

let's see were they go from here

I won't lie, it could end up with the scenario were you have two pods to listen to
but you end up listening to neither of them.

oh and that Emotional Oranges EP was pretty well made but it did nothing for me.
one specific problem I have with it is that the white guy singer of the duo was doing a poor job of conveying the lyrics that a black woman seemed to have wrote.

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I finally gave this a listen and it wasn't bad but they definitely sound nervous or something LOL

I think they need more structure, segments, topics etc.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I finally gave this a listen and it wasn't bad but they definitely sound nervous or something LOL

I think they need more structure, segments, topics etc.
They actually came off better on the video. Seemed much more relaxed than how they sounded

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
They actually came off better on the video. Seemed much more relaxed than how they sounded
Yeah I watched the video but it just was a little off for like the first 20 minutes but I'll give it a chance.

Is the JBP still trash? I've been slipping it since he fired them. I be reading the comments in the thread though. Lol.

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
The pod was decent, I know they’re still developing it so i wont be to critical but whatever studio they used looks exactly like waynos pod

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
Excellent first episode, but they definitely need a clip version of their podcast. People, or maybe me, I watch the podclips first than determine whether I should commit to an hour + long podcast.