The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Ran across an article on Snapchat 'How luck cage changed the superhero game' and thought 'a black super hero? ok I'll give it a try'. Considering that I just finished with Sons of Anarchy and got bored af with Better Call Saul. Wtf.. how did the Breaking Bad creators create THAT. By Season 2 I was yawning.

For clarity: I´m no Marvel, comic book, super hero movie dude. It just feels like there are way too many superhero movies and I don't get how they all relate to each other and what their histories are etc.

SPOILERS AHEAD

First of all, usually TV shows suck at portraying black culture and when it started in a barbershop I was like 'ok strike 1'. BUT... I must say that it took a long, long time for the first real mistake (or weird/racist/just not true black culture thing) to pop up. It's when the councilwoman says that 'this brother' can eat 5 hamburgers, about a white kid. ??

Yes I know the creator is black. The second awkward when it turns out Luke's girl is very light skinned. This gives a bad signal. So black (darker) women are for sex and lighter skinned women are for love. Hmm ok.

The first 'bad' scene was when Juice from Sons of Anarchy comes by and talks with Cottonmouth. This felt off.

Overall it was great that the references were up-to-date (talking about Phil Jackson and the bum azz Knicks).

I was basically entertained even though the last part where he throws one of them dudes out of the window and holds a bullet in his hand - made me think 'ok so he's way too strong for the average dude to fight, how is this show going to be interesting a whole season long?'.

But I'm going to watch episode 2 now. What do y'all think of the first episode?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Damn the intensity of that standoff then
diamond back goes and ruins it
displaying that suit:russ: marvel have gotten better at designs but I ain't sure about this

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I was bit worried the second half of the show after like episode 6 finished and then
cotton dies
would dip in quality and it sure felt like it eps 7-9 but it seems like it picked up here on ep 10

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Lol
look is getting whooped left right and centre by a human in front of all his stans
no excuses :umad: