The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just finished it,
:whew: Erm this show just took the title for the best marvel netflix show, its inarguable. There has always been this trope with netfLix shows (especially the marvel ones) where the writing takes a funny turn at either the middle or last 3rd. Sometimes it could feel rushed or just out and out anti-climatic.

There was non of that here, took an episode to get going but once it did the show just paced itself to an epic climax. I am struggling to name 1 character/actor/storyline that offended me. There were no foggy, Karen, Trish or Malcolm types that divided fans just a stellar cast all round. Show felt like a modern day blaxploitation a times. There was a period when I thought all white characters were going to be evil :russ:

Cheo Coker and all the writers/musicians deserve mad props shyt felt cohesive and authentic without feeling forced, just a grown man crime drama. So much so that when they would add a superhero references/orogins I would be caught off guard. Again:salute:to all the new black talent featured.

If I had to point to one negative (and it minor) it's Luke and claire's relationship. She's already been turned out by DD ish felt forced like once they met it was like misty who? And would it have hurt to have a cameo? I am sick of a hero needing a lawyer then Claire says I know someone and then the hero shoots it down.:pacspit: Oh and cage's speech at the end, good heavens that was on the nose.

One of the biggest strengths were the villians, stokes was that dude you loved to hate, diamond was a fukin terrorist, Maria was a slow burn but by the last couple of episodes her evilness had me like :bryan: whilst shades was that Ryan O'Reilly type that you never see coming.

All in all I was thoroughly entertained, never binged in one seating. Doubt we see a s2 with this new Netflix but either way it was dope 10/10 :salute:

Last edited:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
What's the joint playing when Luke smashing Misty in the first episode? Hell, is there a site out with a complete list of songs from this?

The soundtrack fire. Already downloaded Raphael saadiq joints before the first ep finished.

I don't know them by name, but they're pretty much instrumentals from Adrian Younge's solo albums, along with a few joints from the Delfonics and Ghostface albums he produced.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Im enjoying it so far. Still on the first episode. I love seeing all the brothers and sisters on the screen of a high budget show.

My only complaint is I feel like they made sure to say "nikka." I dont know how much it will be in the show, but I feel like they could have left that shyt out.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Im enjoying it so far. Still on the first episode. I love seeing all the brothers and sisters on the screen of a high budget show.

My only complaint is I feel like they made sure to say "nikka." I dont know how much it will be in the show, but I feel like they could have left that shyt out.

it wouldn't be authentic without nikka