The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Black Excellence you better :ufdup:

That's a given.

I mean purely from a world building perspective. I'm a sucker for that shyt, and it feels like they're making Luke's world that much more immersive - from the idea that the community isn't set in some fairytale where real life issues don't magically stop mattering, to the Gang Starr episode titles even to the role of live performance of music. You don't go and get cats likeThe Delfonics, Charles Bradley and Raphael Saadiq unless you're doing some real shyt.

I'm 100% ready - you see the avi :kentedenzel:

Also: We need a smiley of Meth's facewhen dude says the episodes are named after Gang Starr joints. shyt was like a :steviej:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When did you start writing for Uproxx and how did you get the gig?

About a year ago. Started the podcast and did a website with it. Wrote on the website just because we were paying for it so why not. One of the sections had a writers call so I said fukk it and sent the editor some links from our site and he liked them so he reached back and here I am

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
About a year ago. Started the podcast and did a website with it. Wrote on the website just because we were paying for it so why not. One of the sections had a writers call so I said fukk it and sent the editor some links from our site and he liked them so he reached back and here I am
:obama:Black Excellence

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
He should he has acual abilities as well as the character Juice is playing I forgot his name.

True. But they didn't give the owl any powers in DD.
The Kingpin's accountant with the glasses... Leland, thats the Owl.
And Trish from Jessica Jones is Hellcat (thats why her fans on the series always say they miss her red hair)... they haven't given her any powers (yet) either.

So they might, they might not.

Owl (Marvel Comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Patsy Walker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
True. But they didn't give the owl any powers in DD.
The Kingpin's accountant with the glasses... Leland, thats the Owl.
And Trish from Jessica Jones is Hellcat... they haven't given her any powers (yet) either.

So they might, they might not.

Owl (Marvel Comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Patsy Walker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Owl was old because he has a son who they may possibly use. He'll be the one to face Matt in the future. Trish doesn't have abilities but she has training and depending on how JJ s2 goes an accident could happen leading her to getting them or her powers are dormant.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
The Owl was old because he has a son who they may possibly use. He'll be the one to face Matt in the future. Trish doesn't have abilities but she has training and depending on how JJ s2 goes an accident could happen leading her to getting them or her powers are dormant.
Owl in the comics is old though, and an accountant. I agree they might use his son. They set that seed up so hopefully they go back to it and bring him into defenders villains... cause I think its way overdue in DD for Bullseye. I cant picture a season 3 where they still havent introduced bullseye and them using another highly obscure villain like the owl... but who knows.

What I think is they might end up giving Hellcat enhanced strength or something cause of those pills she took off Nuke (the cop, Samson... thats Nuke in the comics). I don't think they are gonna give her actual forcefields and stuff though. That would clash too much with the realism of DD/JJ/LC