The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Very enjoyable season. Had a couple issues with some of the on the nose dialogue at times and there was a scene with Meth that I THOUGHT was going somewhere corny but ended up being very dope.

Love the soundtrack, love the actors, actually got into it because i loved all of the characters and when some bad shyt happened to certain characters it really fukked my head up. Loved the way every episode title tied into a theme of the episode or at least a major plot point and again, the women are beautiful. Misty Knight is my new crush:wow:

Also surprised at how spiritual the show got. I knew there would be social commentary laced throughout but the spiritual stuff really caught me off guard and was a nice addition to the narrative. The Jesus metaphor was strong with this one but it made complete sense and really added more depth to a show that was already aiming to be more than just a comic book show.

I know it's the thing to do because its the internet but I've got no desire to compare this show to daredevil or jessica jones. love all three of them, looking forward to iron fist and I'm leaving it at that. The season finale definitely bugged me out though but again, in a good way.

No homie not at all
yea i figured. i was posting after watching an episode, not the whole series...:heh:

The music was dope as fukk. They way they had the artists singing their own music was a nice spin on things.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I already mentioned this before, but they didnt even mention it on the show. If you just go by the show, he escaped from jail in Georgia and went straight to Harlem. They completly skipped over, or forgot about, his time in Manhattan. With all the other refrences, you'd think they'd at least mention it. It's like they completely skipped over the JJ series
they mentioned he got shotgunned by Jessica that's the only aspect of manhattan that matters

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Goddamn Rosario Dawson beauty is flawess. I will suck the menopause out her p*ssy

Alfre Woodard can get it
1492.gif

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode 9:

Psychologist: Lemonade is a popular drink.
Misty: And it still is

:wow:

:rip: Guru

The episodes are all named after Gangstarr songs, which i'm sure most know. My question is, did she say that line IN the actual episode named DWYCK? Because that would be dope as fukk.

EDIT: I JUST checked. Lmao it IS.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The episodes are all named after Gangstarr songs, which i'm sure most know. My question is, did she say that line IN the actual episode named DWYCK? Because that would be dope as fukk.

EDIT: I JUST checked. Lmao it IS.

She did. It was the one reference to DWYCK in the episode actually

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yo am I the only one that can't believe Alfre Woodard & Stokes are cousins? Like during the flashback they are closer in age. In the present time she is like 20+ years older than him. Did she go into the hyperbolic time chamber or something? Am I missing something here :jbhmm:
alfre could pass for a woman in her 40s that's :flabbynsick:

:russ: at these nitpicks though

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yo am I the only one that can't believe Alfre Woodard & Stokes are cousins? Like during the flashback they are closer in age. In the present time she is like 20+ years older than him. Did she go into the hyperbolic time chamber or something? Am I missing something here :jbhmm:

It's tv homie. Just rock with it

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
i watched half or maybe even a bit more than jessica jones.. so i gave it a fair shot and i couldn't get into it :yeshrug:

just going by the trailer.. i like superheroes doing super things and it looks like luke cage does that more than jj :yeshrug:

i could be wrong :yeshrug:
Last 4 eps of JJ have more action than the first 8 combined.
She is a detective not a superhero. So the first 8 are her investigating and tracking clues and figuring things out... then in the last 4 once she is bearing down on her villain, thats when shyt gets action heavy.

Her story directly explains why Luke is where he is when the LC series starts, and it provides backstory on what happened to his wife and how he meets Claire Temple... so I'd say its worth watching even if its just to set up watching LC.

What pops says In the LC pilot about what Luke's girlfriend did to him, that actually happened in JJ. Its in the back half of the JJ eps though, not the first half.