The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Very enjoyable season. Had a couple issues with some of the on the nose dialogue at times and there was a scene with Meth that I THOUGHT was going somewhere corny but ended up being very dope.

Love the soundtrack, love the actors, actually got into it because i loved all of the characters and when some bad shyt happened to certain characters it really fukked my head up. Loved the way every episode title tied into a theme of the episode or at least a major plot point and again, the women are beautiful. Misty Knight is my new crush:wow:

Also surprised at how spiritual the show got. I knew there would be social commentary laced throughout but the spiritual stuff really caught me off guard and was a nice addition to the narrative. The Jesus metaphor was strong with this one but it made complete sense and really added more depth to a show that was already aiming to be more than just a comic book show.

I know it's the thing to do because its the internet but I've got no desire to compare this show to daredevil or jessica jones. love all three of them, looking forward to iron fist and I'm leaving it at that. The season finale definitely bugged me out though but again, in a good way.

quick question :
So pops was Cottonmouth's Father? :patrice:
?

No homie not at all

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hammer made the diamondback suit right?
Yup. Which means he needs to pop up in something sooner or later because he's got some 'splanin to do
giphy.gif

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing. If this show is happening around the same time, or after, JJ and DD, how is Luke not owning is own bar in Manhattan (like he did in JJ)?

He went from bar owner to dishwasher, which makes no sense. Don't tell me it happened earlier either, cuz Rosario Dawson already references DD a ton in the show ("I know a really good lawyer," etc).

Also they reference modern day shyt with Cottonmouth talking about ASAP Rocky and shyt.
His bar was blown up.