The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
One thing. If this show is happening around the same time, or after, JJ and DD, how is Luke not owning is own bar in Manhattan (like he did in JJ)?

He went from bar owner to dishwasher, which makes no sense. Don't tell me it happened earlier either, cuz Rosario Dawson already references DD a ton in the show ("I know a really good lawyer," etc).

Also they reference modern day shyt with Cottonmouth talking about ASAP Rocky and shyt.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
One thing. If this show is happening around the same time, or after, JJ and DD, how is Luke not owning is own bar in Manhattan (like he did in JJ)?

He went from bar owner to dishwasher, which makes no sense. Don't tell me it happened earlier either, cuz Rosario Dawson already references DD a ton in the show ("I know a really good lawyer," etc).
His bar blew up, remember?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well, anyway, I finally finished it. I liked it. I liked JJ and DD better, but this is still a solid 8/10 show. They shouldn't have
killed Cottonmouth so early. He was a more interesting character, and the acting was much better too. That smug laugh....:wow:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I do, but this show didn't even reference it at all. It just talked about him getting out of jail and then going to Harlem. Plus, how you gonna go from bar owner (which he probably had insurance on), to dishwasher?

He wanted to stay off the radar, get paid but lay low, that wasnt even HIS bar that blew up... :heh: