The official Netflix Marvel's "Jessica Jones" thread

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of times in this instance it comes down to chemistry. As bad as Alexandra is maybe she and the cat playing Luke didn't have the same chemistry or had none at all. You can't just go with "yeah she's cute so let's cast her" if your core responsibility is to portray this relationship it has to look real and if two people have no chemistry the show fails instantly

This. Chemistry is more important and vital than "aesthetics". To me, watching two people interact who have 0 chem is about as entertaining and exciting as watching a brick wall. Hearing that Ritter works well with Cage's actor makes me more excited for the series.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This. Chemistry is more important and vital than "aesthetics". To me, watching two people interact who have 0 chem is about as entertaining and exciting as watching a brick wall. Hearing that Ritter works well with Cage's actor makes me more excited for the series.

Exxxactly. Trust me, I'd much rather see Alexandra than Ritter any day of the week and I know who'd inspire wet dreams if i were a kid, but if Ritter works best, then go with her. They gotta cast for something good not something that's going to inspire hard ons all the time.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
A lot of times in this instance it comes down to chemistry. As bad as Alexandra is maybe she and the cat playing Luke didn't have the same chemistry or had none at all. You can't just go with "yeah she's cute so let's cast her" if your core responsibility is to portray this relationship it has to look real and if two people have no chemistry the show fails instantly

Man this is a real ASS POST!!!!

I mean a prime example is all the love interest in the 1st 3 Transformers.

Megan Fox and the girl in T3 Rosie were horrible!!!!

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man this is a real ASS POST!!!!

I mean a prime example is all the love interest in the 1st 3 Transformers.

Megan Fox and the girl in T3 Rosie were horrible!!!!

Oh yeah no doubt. Michael bay a guy who cares more about eye candy doesn't give a damn about chemistry lol.

While I was never a big fan of Kirsten Dunst she and Tobey had a good chemistry as MJ and Pete. I believed them as a couple or as love interests. It's one reason I never bought into the love aspect of batman begins and dark knight tho because Christian Bale had awful chemistry with both Katie and Maggie but it was like musty clap trap bad with Maggie. He had more chemistry with the Russian chick he shared one scene with than her

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Are we really trying to say Ritter got a job because she wasn't as good looking as someone else?
You didn't answer my question :beli: and yeah I am prepared to say her goofy non conventional aesthetic features worked heavily in her favour in getting the role

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You didn't answer my question :beli: and yeah I am prepared to say her goofy non conventional aesthetic features worked heavily in her favour in getting the role
tumblr_ngqxiwSSap1tdbwduo1_400.gif

Oh and yes, It is the mot recent example. lol

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
tumblr_ngqxiwSSap1tdbwduo1_400.gif

Oh and yes, It is the mot recent example. lol
I can walk and chew gum at the same time, putting the IR aspect aside If aka Jessica Jones is going to be in any way as gritty as DD you don't think the makers are banking it will be easier to believe in the antagonist plight if she didn't look like she just walked off the runway? Maybe you are the imbecile :mjpls:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can walk and chew gum at the same time, putting the IR aspect aside If aka Jessica Jones is going to be in any way as gritty as DD you don't think the makers are banking it will be easier to believe in the antagonist plight if she didn't look like she just walked off the runway? Maybe you are the imbecile :mjpls:

I don't think they're going for the daredevil tone breh

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If aka Jessica Jones is going to be in any way as gritty as DD you don't think the makers are banking it will be easier to believe in the antagonist plight if she didn't look like she just walked off the runway? Maybe you are the imbecile :mjpls:

I thought they were making her uglier cause her love interest is Black? Which is it smart guy?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Garfield and Emma Stone had GREAT chemistry but I guess they were or are a couple so it makes sense.
just like the twilight and high school musical leads right? Funny how all 3 couples mysteriously ended right about the time the franchise they were attached to didn't need them to appear as a couple anymore :heh: