The official Netflix Marvel's "Jessica Jones" thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I still cannot understand how Ritter got this gig over Alexandra Daddario.
Who the hell was in charge of the casting for this show?
4g281g.jpg

A lot of times in this instance it comes down to chemistry. As bad as Alexandra is maybe she and the cat playing Luke didn't have the same chemistry or had none at all. You can't just go with "yeah she's cute so let's cast her" if your core responsibility is to portray this relationship it has to look real and if two people have no chemistry the show fails instantly

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
like i said ritter isnt leagues above the other actresses when it comes to acting....it isnt just about daddario tho, the fact that she got it over DeGouw and palmer too is just crazy imo

Like I said could be chemistry breh:whoknows: you gotta cast the two actors who work best together so unless we get to see audition reels that was the word that came out of the casting announcement: these two had the best chemistry so that's what they went with

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Like I said could be chemistry breh:whoknows: you gotta cast the two actors who work best together so unless we get to see audition reels that was the word that came out of the casting announcement: these two had the best chemistry so that's what they went with
:feedme: Can you post that info in this thread?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I still cannot understand how Ritter got this gig over Alexandra Daddario.
Who the hell was in charge of the casting for this show?
4g281g.jpg

i almost wanna protest this show because of it breh....marvel really picked the ugliest chick for the role :why: like it had to be on purpose cuz her acting isnt leagues above the other actresses and daddario and DeGouw have actually been involved in fight scenes, so why tf did u pick this ugly broad :mindblown:

:rudy::camby:She ain't ugly breh.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:feedme: Can you post that info in this thread?

I'm sure it's somewhere in here breh. I remembered reading it at the time either in Hollywood reporter or variety. I'll see if I can find it
:rudy::camby:She ain't ugly breh.

She ain't ugly but she's not Alexandra :takedat:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Deadline broke the news of Ritter’s likely Jessica Jones casting. Marvel wouldn’t comment as they like to announce their stuff on their own. However, we know Ritter was one of the actresses competing for the role from a few weeks back. She apparently won it when producers were won over by her chemistry with Mike Colter, who is likely to play Luke Cage.

:patrice: I'd love to watch the audition tapes & see who came off as :mjpls:.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
The Jessica Jones character is in a IR with Luke Cage, so the showrunners decided to go with the....unconventional-looking Ritter instead of the clear cut attractive Daddario. Can't have a show displaying an attractive white girl romantically linked with a black man, that wouldn't benefit their motives.
Or at least that's how I see it. :yeshrug:
They do this everytime shyt so blatant

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
What about the movie Focus and upcoming Suicide Squad? Unless you think Margot Robbie isn't attractive. There is no conspiracy.
That's will smith (one of biggest stars who actually do real numbers for black actor globally). Harley will also be joker girl. I read those sony email stop cherry picking, I dont care about what you think is a conspiracy or not

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
:heh: Never thought that Ritter chick was ugly. When yall compare her to o girl of course she lacks in comparison to that broad.

I'm gonna give both her and the dude playing Cage the benefit of the doubt until I see the first ep :yeshrug:

She does look mad out of place in those pics tho...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's will smith (one of biggest stars who actually do real numbers for black actor globally). Harley will also be joker girl. I read those sony email stop cherry picking, I dont care about what you think is a conspiracy or not
You said they do it 'everytime' and I debunked that with proof. Care or not you're wrong.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A lot of times in this instance it comes down to chemistry. As bad as Alexandra is maybe she and the cat playing Luke didn't have the same chemistry or had none at all. You can't just go with "yeah she's cute so let's cast her" if your core responsibility is to portray this relationship it has to look real and if two people have no chemistry the show fails instantly
Blasphemy! Alexandra Daddario has chemistry with everybody.:wtb:

• Dap
Reactions: hex