The Official NBA 2k22 Thread

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
sports gaming genre is at it's worst Innovative level thanks to fans who rewarded laziness for YEARS

THE HAVE NO INCENTIVE TO DO BETTER. Whole sports gaming genre been ass for over a decade.

Its like Nintendo fans and Pokemon. They obviously cut content, made it 2 seperate DLC sell it to them for $30 each. And it still broke records :mjlol:

Watching some stans and fandoms is like witnessing a long-term abusive relationship. They keep telling themselves that they'll change and treat them right one day if they keep showing how loyal they are:francis:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Just picture those new glossy screenshots with the same animations you know and love from the last 5 games and there's your trailer :troll:
They cant even impress from screenshots anymore because it looks like they reached their max capabilities. They need a new engine

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
It’s kind of crazy how so many franchise sports games have fallen off lately. I swore Madden would be a big game forever and you honestly don’t even hear about it anymore, remember the madden curse? lol shyts not even popular enough to have a curse anymore

Its probably going to take either Sony or Microsoft to have one of their studios make an innovative sports game (sort of like MLB The Show) to revive the sports genre.

I still believe these companies have unofficial deals behind the scenes to have a "soft monopoly" on each specific sport.

Honestly, all these sports games should be subscription-based. Its not going to happen because the publishers make too much money. Especially from the MyTeam, Ultimate Team idiots every year.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Isn't it pretty much the same game with roster updates?

The animations usually get slightly better which is worth the price of admission and since I'm a myLeague player, I've been eating because my League usually gets better every installment.

That being said, if I played any other modes I'd be pissed the fukk off, especially a mode like myCareer where they nickle and dime the fukk out of you.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Only reason I copped 2k20 was because of the pandemic and all my cousins was on there playin in The Park. Then I found out about the Coli league with @Sonny Corinthos and all them. But them nikkas was too good lmao and I couldn't dedicate the time to play anymore due to life happenings

Plus I generally played online rated games and neegas was spammy on there. I aint never giving 2K a dime again