The Official NBA 2k22 Thread

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I told myself I wasnt buying 2k this year after years of trash. Then everybody talked about how good it is and I bought it yesterday.

i spent the past 2 years bad mouthing this company and was up and down this thread condescendingly saying y’all was gonna buy it anyways. I bought this bullshyt for $70 yesterday as well. The fukking positive reviews got me. God fukking damnit :snoop:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I haven’t played this year’s version, but I do know in past years, the CPU sliders on HOF might raise their defensive awareness and on ball defense sliders as well. Also, it’ll make your shooting sliders worse. Then when you go to sliders and under defense where you see the jump shot and layup takeoff sliders, if you’re are high and the CPU’s is low, it means you have less of an effect on their shots while they have more of an effect on yours. Long story short, HOF is just the CPU cheating and not a true change in difficulty

Absolute facts. It’s been my biggest pet peeve with 2k since forever, as someone who doesn’t play online and doesn’t care about any of the other shiny shyt that isn’t basketball simulation.

Last 2k I bought was 2k18 and shyt was infuriating; all the other difficulty levels became too easy but put it on HOF and it wasn’t even better AI gamesmanship... nah, it was just you inescapably missing wide open shots and layups, while the CPU made everything.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
My teammate grade is stuck on b- and has been that way since the 2nd minute of the game :stopitslime:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You guys are sluts with your money. Blatant and constant disrespect from 2k Sports and yall go right back to them with cash in hand.

My face is made up like how I would look at a slut in real life :scust:

:dead:

but yea the last page or two has been comedy (altho kinda pathetic). Ultimately they are proving that 2K really is making sound business decisions by doing the bare minimum, bc mfers gon buy it regardless :mjlol:

Me personally, I live and breath bball... but I’ve bought 2k just four times in the past decade:

2K11
2K12
2K15
2K18

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Definitely not my stick skills. There's some legit coli players that can vouch for me.

The game lets weaker defenders ride your hip and contest your layups even though you should be beating them clean.

Yeah, but HOF is usually only affecting CPU shot % sliders.
HOF gives the cpu a boost +5 or more on all attributes secretly. lemme see if ic an find the article

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I've been practicing and getting familiarized with the new controls, my players jump shot motions and my custom playbook. But today I played my first online game and I must say I like this game. It's the first since ps3 that I feel like the jump shot motion for my players are the same online and offline.

It was hard to get to the rim but I was still there enough. The game I played was very realistic. I won with the Rockets vs Portland 53-52 I shot 46% from the field and 50% 10/20 from three. Dude I played shot 49% from the field but wasn't hitting three's like me which ended up being the difference.

@Kaypain said something about the play call menu and having to use the d-pad but in the game I played it was the exact same as last years game which had me worried because I'm a heavy play caller.

After practicing my skills in 2KU and the one online game I've played I say this is the best NBA 2k game I've played at launch since about 2k14. This encourages me because that was the last time I went through a full 82 game season, the playoffs and won the Chip.:banderas: That's my goal for this year too.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
On 21 you could still us the analog to cycle the plays, now you're forced to use the D-Pad which ends up stopping your movement.
Im talking about Positional play calling. Like if I tap L1, the icons will appear and I can call a play for that person. In 21 you do that and then you can use the icons to chose the play, or R2 to go to the next page. But in 22 you have to manually go to the play with the d pad and click x. Its a dumb change.