The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Fuego as always. I hate how on some level I relate to Elliot, the implications of that are uncomfortable.

No explicit sci-fi in this show please, and if they do keep it hard sci-fi.

Black Nate Grey

Daps
Thought about it again, sci-fi is definitely the direction the show is going in.
-Parallel/Alternate universes
-Time Travel
-Reality is a simulation

One of these or all three is probably where the show is going, which is slightly disappointing as it is cliche, but we will see what they do with it.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
New season, new character, and off course Esmail makes him as quirky as possible. The commitment from dude to not give us a normal human being in his show is :wow: Gideon was pretty much the only one and dude had incredible bad luck and got murdered :dead:

Gideon was the best character and the new guy sucks

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I can't post the link because the theory is in the title of the interview. I'll just post what he said in spoilers:

They asked Sam Esmail about the fan theory of parallel universes....he said White Rose is trying to access them.

Whoever guessed that the giant machine in the White Rose scene is a particle accelerator is probably right.

Fred.

Black Nate Grey

Daps
Theory I just came up with:

The show said something about doors and how there is infinite possibilities behind said door and we don't know what is behind it until we open it, kind of like Schrodinger's cat.

"I've always found doors fascinating inventions. They hold the entry to unlimited imagination. Before you open any door, a world filled with possibilities sits right behind it. And it isn't until you open it they are realized."

I believe White Rose Lady said it to Angela when they kidnapped her back in season 2. And as people have already pointed out above, Angela has already met her younger self. This along with season 3 and Angela telling Elliot and Mr. Robot it was possible to take everything back on two separate occasions pretty much confirmed parallel universes to me.

This clicked when Angela said 'redirect his energy' in regards to Elliot and Mr. Robot. And in the power plant when they talked about alternate universes and conjoined minds.

Basically:
Mr. Robot is from a parallel universe.

Lets call his Earth Beta and the main continuity Earth Alpha.
-He somehow came to Earth Alpha through as of yet unknown means and motivations. But a problem occurred and his "energy" or "consciousness" was forced into Elliot's mind. Why Elliot? That completely depends on Mr. Robot's true identity.
Now Mr. Robot is either:

1) Alternate Universe Elliot. Which would make sense because within the Alpha universe, Elliot Beta (or Mr. Robot) is most compatible with Elliot Alpha. Their molecular/atomic/quantum structure and composition is the exact same. So, upon his arrival the Alpha universe is tricked into forcing Mr. Robot's consciousness into the 'correct' body, which is unfortunately already occupied by our mentally unstable protagonist. Elliot Beta is much more destructive and morally loose than Elliot Alpha. As to his goals and motivations? He might be trying to get back home? I don't know. Elliot Alpha see's him as his dad for some subconscious reason. Fear? Or is Mr. Robot able to choose his appearance whilst inside Elliot's mind?

2) Alternate Universe Edward Alderson. More far fetched but it explains his appearance. Perhaps when he crossed over, because Edward Alpha is dead, Edward Beta is forced into closest of kin which would be Elliot.

3) Some sort of 'demon' that just takes the form of traumatic figures in the possessed's lives. Season 1 episode 4 Elliot say's:
'The devil is at his strongest while we're looking the other way.' Like a program running in the background silently. While we're busy doing other shyt. 'Daemons,' they call them. They perform action without user interaction. Monitoring, logging, notifications, primal urges, repressed memories, unconscious habits. They're always there, always active. You can try to be right, you can try to be good, you can try to make a difference. But it's all bullshyt. 'Cause intentions are irrelevant. They don't drive us, daemons do. And me? I've got more than most.'

Mr. Robot said it himself, Elliot has a "unique condition". This seems beyond Multiple Personality Disorder or Schizophrenia. More like possession.
Angela must be aware of this, because she knows Elliot best. She is elaborate in making the distinction between the two. She see's them as two completely separate individuals wearing the same face.
This theory is only if they deal with alt universes.

I have another crazy theory if they deal with 'reality is a simulation'. But i'm too tired to type it out. I'll do it later.

Another one, less crazy:
Darlene is working with the FBI.
1) Her release was too sudden.
2) In season 2 they showed her the evidence wall, she knows she is fukked.
3) The people she called for help in the bathroom at the hacking contest was the FBI. Who else was going to call? She has no one but Elliot, Cisco is dead. Immediately after they get outside, Taxi guy points out the FBI has been tailing them. Probably through her phone.

Season 3 came out just as I was ending a marathon run from season 1 lol.

Last edited:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
When did Angela learn that Eliot and Mr Robot were the same dude?

End of season 1 it's revealed
Mr. Robot is Elliott's dead father

Somewhere shortly afterward.... or maybe later on in season 2 they talk and Angela asks Elliot about former reveal and mentions similar events that Elliot doesn't remember.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I can't post the link because the theory is in the title of the interview. I'll just post what he said in spoilers:

They asked Sam Esmail about the fan theory of parallel universes....he said White Rose is trying to access them.

Whoever guessed that the giant machine in the White Rose scene is a particle accelerator is probably right.

Fred.

Well, it's not like it was going to be a big reveal. It does seem pretty apparent that's where they are going.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Fred.
The temptation :wow:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It's happening again.... :damn::mindblown:

I was just reading the Mr. Robot reddit - there was a QR code on the memorial wall. If you follow it, it leads to a dedicated reddit site that was set up two years ago (or at least they had Reddit make it look like it's two years old)

Inside E Corp • r/inside_e_corp

I took a look through this. I'm thinking that the whole "cryptocurrency" thing is a bigger deal than I realized:

The result of Eliot's hack is that E-Corp now controls all of the money in the world, because nobody even wants to accept dollars anymore in this universe.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I took a look through this. I'm thinking that the whole "cryptocurrency" thing is a bigger deal than I realized:

The result of Eliot's hack is that E-Corp now controls all of the money in the world, because nobody even wants to accept dollars anymore in this universe.

Did Mr. Robot know that this would happen? :jbhmm: In Elliot's mind he just wanted to take down Evil Corp for revenge... it was when he was "recruited" to fSociety when it turn into something bigger.