Now that Johnny Depp is washed the throne is for the taking :blessed:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I took a look through this. I'm thinking that the whole "cryptocurrency" thing is a bigger deal than I realized:

The result of Eliot's hack is that E-Corp now controls all of the money in the world, because nobody even wants to accept dollars anymore in this universe.

Did Mr. Robot know that this would happen? :jbhmm: In Elliot's mind he just wanted to take down Evil Corp for revenge... it was when he was "recruited" to fSociety when it turn into something bigger.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't White Rose settle the "revenge" aspect of Elliot's work with this episode?

Elliot's "revenge" is E-Corps victory is it not? Elliott is too smart to plan all of this and not see that E Corp will come out on top whether his plan fails or not.

Elliot is too smart not to see that E Corp will prevail if he's not willing to go all the way....which is why Mr. Robot exists. If Elliot just let Mr. Robot run wild E Corp would no longer exist.

Fred.

Right....

But here is the issue I'm having, from the looks of that scene it seems that E Corp wins regardless of the situation.

So I hate to say/look like I foresaw Elliot's current dilemma, but earlier in the thread, this is what I mean by "Elliot's revenge is E-Corps victory."

I was late realizing it, as was Elliot, but once the stage 2 hack went through it seemed obvious that Elliot didn't realize that asking people in power to help fuel your revolution is only strengthening the people in power. If you're going to take down the man and empower the little guy, it has to be done solely by the little guy and by sources/people/actors that are outside of the current power structure.

We see it now, but Elliots "revolutionary vision" was always going to benefit the very people he sought to bring down.

As cool as this show, and the idea of bringing down the system is, I think this is the life lesson Esmail is really trying to convey to the viewer. It's not just, "oh shyt you may hurt innocent people." It's, "oh shyt what makes you think power doesn't crave chaos?"

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
:blessed:

N99FH9V.jpg
Still waitin on the fsociety masked Elliot

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Christian Slater got a Golden Globe nom for best supporting actor.:obama:

I need odds on the lights going out, halfway through Slater's acceptance speech and when they come back on - Rami is standing at the podium like "HOW MUCH TIME DID I LOSE?!?! :dwillhuh:.....:damn:"

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Canceled all plans watching this fukkery live with my coli brehs

I can't watch it live anyways, last two times I tried to stream it failed and I'm not missing the chilean premiere of Last Jedi for a fukked up stream that may not work :heh:

Gonna download once I get home and if I can stay up I'll watch it before going to bed :ehh:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Starting to dislike how Mr.Robot entire plot structure and plotline is ripped straight outta Fight Club...

Like...the shyt really bothers me...

I mean, it's already basically Fight Club...but you don't gotta just straight rip the entire thing.

Just like in Fight Club...dude finds out he's two people in one...

Just like in Fight Club...dude tries to blow up the financial backing of a sprawling multinational conglomerate thus freeing humanity

Just like in Fight Club his "revolution" backfires....

And lets not add in...the narration...is just like Fight Club...

The thing is...Fight Club makes it's point better and clearer and it's a more poignant point.

Mr. Robot seems to not really have a point anymore besides a fake revolutionary's regret. The fact that Elliot doesn't even WANT the "revolution" like he just a fukking poser ex-druggie and Mr.Robot is the bad ass hacker that is an actual functional and capable individual kinda ruins the appeal of Elliot.

This season has been feeling like an entire reboot of the past 2 seasons.

FSociety and their interactions with Elliot was interesting. Seeing how a hacktivist group operated was interesting. Tyrell and his relationship with his wife and Elliot was interesting. They got rid of all that. Now it's just about Elliot and his sister and the FBI and White Rose. The show basically into 24 with dissociative personality disorder.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Starting to dislike how Mr.Robot entire plot structure and plotline is ripped straight outta Fight Club...

Like...the shyt really bothers me...

I mean, it's already basically Fight Club...but you don't gotta just straight rip the entire thing.

Just like in Fight Club...dude finds out he's two people in one...

Just like in Fight Club...dude tries to blow up the financial backing of a sprawling multinational conglomerate thus freeing humanity

Just like in Fight Club his "revolution" backfires....

And lets not add in...the narration...is just like Fight Club...

The thing is...Fight Club makes it's point better and clearer and it's a more poignant point.

Mr. Robot seems to not really have a point anymore besides a fake revolutionary's regret. The fact that Elliot doesn't even WANT the "revolution" like he just a fukking poser ex-druggie and Mr.Robot is the bad ass hacker that is an actual functional and capable individual kinda ruins the appeal of Elliot.

This season has been feeling like an entire reboot of the past 2 seasons.

FSociety and their interactions with Elliot was interesting. Seeing how a hacktivist group operated was interesting. Tyrell and his relationship with his wife and Elliot was interesting. They got rid of all that. Now it's just about Elliot and his sister and the FBI and White Rose. The show basically into 24 with dissociative personality disorder.

"Fight Club" had a hot line, "Mr. Robot" made it a hot song. Both the movie and the book fall off towards the end because the hook is "it's the same person"....after that revelation both abruptly end. To be fair I haven't read the follow up book.

Fred.