THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I swear some of these critics are low key retarded. Dude is a professional writer for EW and has no idea who Ollie is.

Reflecting on 'Mr. Robot' Episode 9: Who Is Ollie?

I should submit a few articles if the bar is really this low.

Fred.

:snoop:

This, to me, has been the only downside to this show.

Articles like this and podcasts like 2Bit (which I still listen to for some reason), are ruining the show in some small way.

Just because there are things to think about and unpack in every episode, has people unpacking and thinking too deeply about things that don't matter.

Like I said way way back in this thread, whether he was in prison or not didn't matter, but what was actually happening did, but some people (namely "journalists") can't seem to look past that fact and choose to overdose on dissecting the minutia of every little detail and miss out on a good story by inventing a story in their own heads and being disappointed when the real story doesn't match the one they made up.

"What was that painting in Price's office? Did it have any significance to the scene? What does the fact that he's right handed but he drinks his coffee with his left mean, and does that mean that Angela isn't real and just a figment of the audiences imagination and a construct of modern societies ill treatment of short blonde women :ohhh:"

:stopitslime:

Elliott told her his name was Ollie.

Whether or not she still thinks it's Ollie, or is just calling him Ollie out of sarcasm, doesn't matter.

What does matter is the fact that she's outside of his house.

Now shut up and watch the next episode like the rest of us.

:martin:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
And it's also why Esmail stays winning. He's playing slight of hand with theories.

Everybody was studying every frame of footage to see if people interacted with Mr. Robot then the real trick was Darlene was his sister.

Then everyone was studying every frame of footage to figure out if Elliot was in prison when the real trick was Elliot had been running the op the whole time (Stage 2).

He's letting us figure out one thing so that the one that's the real trick can just slide right by.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:

In the recent S2 EP2, Leon is seen struggling with a basketball player and agruinh for whatever reason, then disappears right after that scene. The real reason he suddenly stopped appearing is that effect of the argument with the other 'prison-mate'. He was punished for his actions and sent to solitary confinement in the prison.

On top of this, the new character that appears when Leon leaves, holding a dog, is most likely a prison guard. Hence the various prisoners moving away from him as he sits down. I hope this theory is correct, and they way they're showing things, it would be constructed beautifully.

Might as well add, Tyrell at the end of the episode is seen on the phone with Elliot, on a prison type phone.

EDIT: To pile all of the things from EP1 and EP2 to confirm this theory: •Leroy is Elliot's Fellow Inmate that gets sent to (Solitary?) •The man's dog could be a search dog, or even a therapy dog. •The street Elliot walks down seems confined, almost claustrophobic. •Elliot's therapist is very urgent, worried about Elliot's prison mental health? Could also be a ploy to comfort himself.. •The men in suits like in the diner is yet to have a clear explanation, guards watching over them maybe? •Elliot's Mom is acting as a guard would: Telling him when to wake up, do work, NEVER gives cares about Elliot. •Gideon visits Elliot in his 'house' sitting across from each other, very prison-like setting. •Tyrell's phone call on a odd phone, prison phone?

Seinfeld reruns play all the time, and if you're in prison you have nothing to do but watch TV. If he never had cable (or a TV) someone Leon's age may never have seen Seinfeld before.

Seinfeld also ended with all the characters in prison.

Phil Collins - Take Me Home

...Collins has stated that the song lyrics refer to a patient in a mental institution,[4][5] and that it is very much based on the novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. [3] "Take Me Home" is thus a protest song, with the subject of its protest being the British practice of confining "misfits" to "asylums."

:ohhh:WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Prophetic...

My gf is mad I read about the theory of the prison/psyche ward here early in the season and told her

but I'd like to think I would have seen it coming regardless, but I can't say that with 100% confidence. I think the reveal tonight would have been better if I did come to the threory organically, or if I didnt see it coming at all, that obviously would be a huge :whoo: moment

this might be the one show where I stop reading the Coli thread during the season, it's always dope talking about the episodes but there's too much forecasting which might hurt the overall enjoyment of the show

Regardless, really liked the episode tonight. Have lots of questions

So glad I dodged this thread and binged these past few days. COMPLETELY dodging potential spoilers and theories that cement true. I love being left in the dark and being completely blind sided. Of course there are hints sprinkled throughout the series that naw on your subconscious. But crazy reveals ultimately makes your reflect and confirm your suspicions. :banderas:

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

My reaction to the prison reveal was :mindblown:

the-situation-glasses.gif

So glad i dont read shyt in this thread. The prison reveal had me like :banderas:

AGREED BRUH.. Honestly it's the only way to go. I don't step into any of these film room threads until a seen the movie. GOT/TWA threads are spoiler central.

Mr. Robot and Why TV Twists Don’t Work Anymore

I couldn't agree more with this article. I rolled my eyes when they revealed he was in prison. I genuinely hope they stop with this gimmick. It's so unnecessary. I'm getting to the point where I care about every other storyline on this show besides Elliot's.

:camby:

In the show's universe it makes perfect sense. But in a broader perspective, the answer is still a clear "yes". It was just a non sequitur, I don't want to derail the thread. Just found it noteworthy.

Best show out! Swag levels on a thousand trillion bruhs :blessed:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
On that note I'll be back at the end of the season. Was shocked to see 12 episodes listed might binge the final 3.

:salute: To the bruhs in this thread. It's been a great ride. Let's hope it only get crazier:damn:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not for nothing, I'm catching up on this show cuz normally ya on point with the good shows but I'm on episode 3 of season two and I'm confused as fukk. Feels like I missed episodes in season 1 but this fukking show is weird. Will keep watching it off the strength of you cats. I enjoyed season 1 but season 2 got me confused.

• Dap
Reactions: hex