THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I find it hilarious to see people "loving" the howard the duck cameo. If literally ANYONE else did that marvel stans would clown the shyt out of it and call it retarded.
I am an actual Howard the Duck fan (love the comic and think the movie is one of those "so bad its good" flicks) but aside from a chuckle I had to give that scene the :bplease:because it was so random and most of the kids in the theater I was in (and it was a majority of kids) had no clue who he was. They just thought he was another talking animal like Rocket.
That scene should have been used to build up Thanos.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Cap 1 and Thor 1 werent garbage. Cap one was good, Thor 1 was serviceable. Garbage is something like Catwoman or Elektra.

The only movie i can outright say was bad is Iron Man 3.
Catwoman and elektra are biohazard material like old fetuses. Beyond garbage.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I actually liked howard the duck and the movie. :manny:

and at this moment DC is taking themselves way to seriously. How cool would a Mr. Myxlplyx cameo would be in a superman movie.
See, I am of the opinion that DC/WB having a different style is a good thing. We have Marvel's style of movie that is light and fluffy (even Winter Soldier which people act like was some shift from Marvel's style of film is not really any different from the rest of them) which leaves room for a different approach.
Hell the Sony and Fox movies featuring Marvel characters are shot in almost the same exact style as the Marvel proper movies too. Give me a little seriousness to break up the monotony.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Saw it last night instead of James Brown cause of the reviews from here :whew: and I'm glad I did. This felt totally different from your normal Marvel movie. I was hesitant to go see it thinking it'd be some cookie cutter shyt or too similar to the formula Disney had used in past flicks. Plus I never heard of the franchise before..I was thinking it'd be weak and brick a few months ago :heh:

But this was a great experience it didn't feel like a super hero movie. I scoffed at the Star Wars comparisons but it really was on that type of shyt. The galaxy, characters, cgi and action scenes were all good. The comedy and soundtrack was on point..there was a nice mix of everything in there. My girl did not want to see this at all but she enjoyed it. My nikka Rocket had her laughing the entire time :laff:

The only thing that gets the :beli: treatment is the after credit scene but that's no biggie. Also, I have a question for the comic heads

who was ol boys father?[\spoiler]

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I am an actual Howard the Duck fan (love the comic and think the movie is one of those "so bad its good" flicks) but aside from a chuckle I had to give that scene the :bplease:because it was so random and most of the kids in the theater I was in (and it was a majority of kids) had no clue who he was. They just thought he was another talking animal like Rocket.
That scene should have been used to build up Thanos.
I think when they saw the final cut and the shyt was so good they said fukk it lets hit them with a curve ball :youngsabo:

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of people are OVERHYPING this movie. I'm sure when cooler rationale comes through people will see it as an albiet enjoyable, but regular popcorn summer flick.

But here's my personal review. Pros and Cons

PROS: This movie is PURE MINDLESS, IG'NANT ENTERTAINMENT. Even though this may sound like a negative, but it's really a positive, but this please DO NOT compare this to Star Wars!! Star Wars is on a completely different caliber! If there's a film this need to be compared to perfectly is FLASH GORDON!!! This is the closest to we ever gonna have a remake of that film. This movie is cheesy as fucck, but in a good way where it knows not to take itself seriously. It is well executive to just dump any kind of intelligence and enjoy the ride. There's not a dull moment at all in this movie from start to finish.

All the Guardian characters were great and their chemistry from one another worked perfectly. I am sure others have their own personal favorite characters, most probably love Rocket, which the praise is cool, but a bit overrated, others may Groot just because he's a loveable "Chewbacca" type character, others may like Gamora because either if she's in blue skin, like in Avatar, or green skin like in this film, or LT Uhura, Zoe Saldana is just sexy has hell. :wow:But to me, my favorite character, to my shock, is Batista's portrayal of as Drax the Destroyer. From his dialogue, his demeanor, his timing, everything just made me want to side with this character. Also, Drax is the only one that had TRUE nobility, even when he complicates things due to his noble mission.

CONS. Even though the movie was cheesy by intent, it was sappy and CORNY unintentionally. There were WAY too many scenes in which I literally rolled my eyes. The opening scene, albiet important for a backstory for Peter Quill, fell flat on an emotional level. Same with when Quill went out to save Gamora, or Groot displaying "light" for the group to see. Maybe because the REST of the film was comical and never took itself seriously, those few serious moment just felt OFF. Poorly executed.

The writing for this movie, like with most Marvel films is every weak. It had some great jokes, but the strength of that DESERVES to go to the lead actors, because they embraced their characters as their own and salavaged what was a totally weak script with a cliche plot. I'll give them this though, at least this movie HAD a plot, unlike Winter Soldier. But Marvel GOT to do something about writing BETTER stories. I mean this was as predictable as it gets with the SAME 3RD ACT that we see TIME and TIME and TIME again. I mean the 3rd act is LITERALLY IDENTICAL TO WINTER SOLDIER!!

With the exception for the dude that played Yondu and the chick that played Nebula (she was bad-ass), the supporting characters were a waste. I wasn't feeling them either way, nor did I connect to the fear of that planet, or city or whatever getting destoryed. They literally came off as if they were on paper and not bring any extra spice to their respective scenes. For example, as great of actors Glen Close, Benicio del Toro, and Djimon Hounsou are, it felt like they just came in to get a quick paycheck or they were severely underused. I still up to judgement on THANOS mainly because he was in for such a short time, like two minutes tops, that I not exactly know what to make of it. I know I wasn't impressed, but at the same time I'll give it a pass since he purposely supposed to be like how the Emperor was in Empire Strikes Back. I'm sure once the 3rd Avengers movie come through, we would have a full complete embrace to the character.

This brings me to the main antagonist of the picture, RONAN. I do not understand why time and time again Marvel struggles to introduce the fans to a WORTHY memorable villain. Someone that pushes the hero(s) to their limit and leave you in awe. I mean, we JUST coming off one of the greatest villains since Ledger's Joker with KOBA. And I cannot blame the actor, because he have to do with what little he has. We don't understand his motivations, reasons or anything as to why he wants to get the orb to destory the galaxy or any remote backstory to understand why he power thristy to begin with. He comes off a generic villain that gets his in the end in a generic kind of way. This is one of the BIGGEST things that annoys me about Marvel and that's it's weak handling of it's rogue gallaries.

SUMMARY: Overall, this is a HIGHLY entertaining movie. THAT STAR LORD soundtrack I.MUST.GET!! :wow: Both volumes one and two!! It is very corny at times, but the flaws this movie has can be easily overlooked due to the high octane pace and the great comedic chemistry of the lead characters.

Overall, I give this movie a B. Pretty good, not mesmerizing.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dope movie. Really liked it. Some of the dialogue was too on the nose at times and marvel still can't make a great villain outside of Loki but of course no one will call them out for it. Enjoyed the chemistry between the guardians and the banter and it was a surprisingly touching film. The action was dope and it was funny. I'm down for a sequel but they did do A LOT of telling instead of showing in the flick which is my point with the on the nose dialogue. That's the one major issue I have with it, that everything was explained to characters who didn't need explanation so parts of the flick felt rushed

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
damn I still aint see this shyt
fukkin overtime killing me
Gonna try and catch it during the week
fukkin Howard the Duck tho?!?!?!:ohhh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I keep on hearing y'all talk about "how they should build up Thanos more" but my question is why?

This nicca ain't really gonna be truly seen till Avengers 3!

That's atleast 6-7 movies away! Why even blow the was now this early??? This movie out of all of them already gave us the most about Thanos than the first 9 movies combined, all they need to do is just continue to sprinkle a little more here and there...... No need to overload it with this movie, hell I'm actually surprised we even heard him talk