He is Groot. :wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
GuardiansOfTheGalaxy_1_Cover.jpg

So your telling me Marvel is not using the source material from the comics to make the movie or are you talking about something else?

Marvel cancelled and revamped the whole Marvel Cosmic line and relaunched Guardians of the Galaxy as this bloody vaginal discharge of a book to prep non-comic purists for the movie.

Marvel's not using the comic as it's "source material". Marvel is using this movie as the source material for the comic.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Marvel cancelled and revamped the whole Marvel Cosmic line and relaunched Guardians of the Galaxy as this bloody vaginal discharge of a book to prep non-comic purists for the movie.

Marvel's not using the comic as it's "source material". Marvel is using this movie as the source material for the comic.

:whoa:We still don't know the overall plot, origins, or the overall motivation of the characters of the movie yet.....we could get a mix of the New Guardians, Old, or something new all together.......I'm excited for this movie simply because I have no clue where marvel is going with this film

And don't forget when the first promo picture for this movie came out, Starlord was rocking a variation of his OG mask, something I believe the bendis run had thrown in the bushes all together

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
What bothers me most is the people in this thread saying the "Blam! You're dead!" catchphrase without irony, implying they actually like the catchphrase and don't consider it to be a tumor eating away a great character's personality.
Yeah, that was wayyy overused right off the bat. Like once or twice would've been fine, but damn if Bendis didn't drive that shyt into the ground.

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stopped reading that Bendis' hatchet job on Guardians. What a fukk in the face THAT book is to fans of D&A. But I do read the X-Men books.....this motherfukker just HAD to cross the two over. But yeah the movie is derived from the team as written by D&A. Comic purists LOVE that run, and if pays homage to that well, then there are no qualms to be had. That Bendis shyt though... :sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Bendis is like the Michael Bay of comics right now. Cool visuals and concepts but very little substance. Still, it looks like they might be taking some shyt from the OG guardians run also...

Truth be told, I'll be there opening day for Transformers and this :heh:

Winter Soldier and Godzilla are my shyt though. Can't wait for those. This is gonna be a hot Summer :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Bendis is like the Michael Bay of comics right now. Cool visuals and concepts but very little substance. Still, it looks like they might be taking some shyt from the OG guardians run also...

Truth be told, I'll be there opening day for Transformers and this :heh:

Winter Soldier and Godzilla are my shyt though. Can't wait for those. This is gonna be a hot Summer :banderas:
The Art is carrying the GOTG book

Bendis is clueless

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
What bothers me most is the people in this thread saying the "Blam! You're dead!" catchphrase without irony, implying they actually like the catchphrase and don't consider it to be a tumor eating away a great character's personality.

:salute:

so true....but unfortunately to the majority of folks who have never read/heard of the Guardians, that catchphrase is going to garner all the laughs. It's like DIsney is trying to do what they can to make the audience suspend their belief that they are sitting in a movie watching a space racc00n bustin' firearms.