The Official Marvel Black Panther Appreciation Thread

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Reading Black Panther: The Man Without Fear now. Wish we could get Priest back on writing a good Panther story/script so that T'challa can get the treatment he deserves.

Hudlin's writing was aight but his Panther arc (the one the motion comic/cartoon was based on) was too c00n-y/pandering.
I loved the man without fear stuff and yeah hudlin was terrible

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
4ity.jpg

na96.jpg

Thoughts

Banned
Daps
$100, the price went up once the movie rumors started

Got mine for $25 from a privileged black kid's father who lives on Central Park West, the kid was uninterested in "black" comics, pops had a break down and sold it all :snoop:.
...I got that Luke Cage too :datazz::cook:

Thoughts

Banned
Daps
His father should have beat him

He went on a rant in the high-rise ..."I'm tryna teach you culture boy, don't let this money cloud your perception of who you are" , I was like :pacspit: @ the kid's expressions. Met the father at a comic book shop in passing, and he said he was to the point where it hurt him too much to keep all his childhood stuff he got while being poor and seeing how little it meant to his son.

Dude literally lived on some Marty Kaan shyt, and his son was white washed. You can tell he wasn't proud of him. All while he's packing stuff up, giving it to "someone who appreciates" its value (me) the kid was like :piss:(dad's feelings).

The daughter 18th birthday was THAT Saturday and I can't front she was some exotic mix (mom was from Egypt) I was like :dwillhuh::ufdup::flabbynsick::whew::sadbron::ooh::sitdown::birdman::steviej:.

That family was Black Excellence except for the punk ass kid :camby:

...I left the crib like "I gotta get my shyt MORE together".

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Anybody own Black Panther comics? I've collected all the first runs of Black Panther, never opened them.

Own the Fantastic Four book by McDuffie, when BP and Storm temporary replaced Reed and Sue. Was a fun read. Damn shame McDuffie passed early, he definitely would've penned a great BP series.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else dug Johns' characterization of BP during his brief Avengers run. He continued with the Tony/T'Challa rivalry/mistrust from Priest's run.