The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
That's funny I see it every time a thread about the South is made

"Southern nikkas docile as fukk, let some cac try that shyt over here and see what happens"
Show me a quote of someone on the Coli saying racism doesn't exist anywhere in America except the South :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
That's funny I see it every time a thread about the South is made

"Southern nikkas docile as fukk, let some cac try that shyt over here and see what happens"

this is a cac in a TOWN HALL meeting with other cacs.

not KKK in the streets protestin

:coffee:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
South Los Angeles in particular
Crenshaw/Baldwin Hill district

A calm before the storm of gentrification on Crenshaw

Redevelopment is underway along the still-under-construction Crenshaw/ LAX light-rail line, which will include stops in Leimert Park, Inglewood and Los Angeles International Airport, and will be finalized in 2019. Capri Partners Investment group, which completed an earlier renovation of the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza -- adding Chipotle, Buffalo Wild Wings and Post & Beam restaurants, and Rave Cinemas — will add to it 2 million square feet of new hotel and retail space, offices, condos and apartments. Odds are that empty spaces in the neighborhood, like the Flying Fox, probably won’t be that way for long.:ohhh::wow:

These changes have already started to affect the area’s racial makeup. I spoke with Hayley Roberts, 31, a nonprofit consultant who was raised in the nearby View Park/Windsor Hills area, known for its black, middle-class affluence. She says she’s already witnessed the ramping up of developers buying and flipping houses.

“To say it plainly: there is a definite increase in the number of white people I see walking around,” she tells me. “L.A. is an extremely segregated city. When I was growing up, it would be rare for me to see a white person grocery shopping at the Ralphs in the Ladera Center or grabbing a smoothie from Simply Wholesome. Now it's rare for me not to see a white person in these types of places.”