VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
This was insaneee. This and The Raid 2 might be my favorite action flicks.

The Raid 2 is easily one of the best action movies of all time because guns aren't the main weapon. It's mostly hand to hand combat. And that's what was annoying about bringing in the guys from the raid to use them for hype and not let them do their thing with martial arts.

Because unfortunately American film makers just like their gun fights too much.

And I have to agree with the Reddit post. The first one was great. The 2nd one as well.

But how many times can you shoot people in an action scenes? Because it feels like a throwback to the 80's where hand to hand combat is kind of an after thought and it's just a live action first person shooter movie.

And the perspective change during one of the fight scenes to a top down view where it was like a 2 dimensional video game made that clear.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Ya'll talking about the Osaka hotel scene. but I'm talking about...
...The traffic sequence :banderas:

That overhead angle with the shotgun was pretty phenomenal

The stairs sequence :banderas:

That was all back to back to back - That was crack.
This movie is legitimate:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:The cinematography :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally managed to catch this earlier today.

Unless something truly great comes out, this legit might end up as my favorite movie of the year.

Donnie Yen was GREAT. The little things he did that indicated that he was an old man who was over all this bullshyt were amazing. Him yelling "WON'T DO IT" after the negotiation took me all the way out. :dead:

Mr. Nobody was great as a character, and I definitely hope they feature him in some spinoff material later on down the line, but it definitely seemed like he was a reconstruction of Halle Berry's role from the last movie.

Bill Skarsgard was great as an arrogant little fukk that probably never really had to be about that action. Rina Sawayama wasn't bad, either.

The choreography and scene layouts were way better than part three in my opinion, since most of them found a unique feature or presentation to justify them.

John Wick spinning the block on the opps, and blicking people down while doing donuts. :wow:

The motion sensor fight with Caine. :wow:

The gotdamn dragon's breath sequence. :wow:

The steps sequence playing out almost like a Jackie Chan scene with people getting thrown down stairs. :wow:

Pure piff, and I will ABSOLUTELY watch a four hour version of it if that's what comes out when it's released on home video.

I think they eventually come back for another movie, but there'll be an intentionally longer gap between movies this time. Ballerina and The Continental can hold us down, and I think Ghost of Tsushima is up next for Stahelski.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just seen this wow :wow: :wow: :wow:

Action honestly setting new highs in this series. Legit right before John coming back to the church for duel legit felt like a FPS game where you got all the cheat codes. Enough can be said.

Cane man they doing to him like they did John in chapter 2. He don't want part of this game no more man. I though they did a great job with him. It showcased his friendship with John very well. That fight with Shimazu showed how one was fighting for something to protect and the honor of friendship.

The thing with John he is a killer. But man has the right heart. The dog scene is like you know John wasn't gonna make any other choice and it paid off at the end. And the end of the dual was perfection.

The whole stairs scene even more so. Phenomenal action and some funny moments sprinkled in :pachaha:

Marquis Vincent can rot in hell :pacspit: .Arrogant piece of shyt got what he deserved.

I get why they want to make a sequel, but please don't call it John Wick Chapter 5.

1 >= 4 > 3 >> 2

Not sure if I rank this compared to 1. I feel like it is close. You seeing John, Mr. Nobody and Caine throughout this film. And all were captivating in their own ways. Tho I do think this film could have been shorter. Not a big deal. Slight edge to 1. Hard to top off the emotional investment the first one gave us and made me fall in love with the series.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I saw this again last night at a fancy theater. was enjoyable as fukk watching this on the big screen and eating a steak while Donnie Yen did that swift dismissal of these jobbers. was sitting there on some:eat:

shyt, I might see it a third time before it leaves theaters. this is going down as one of the greats when it comes to action films. great movie, great series.

Osaka is still my favorite part. when the lights turn green and its go time:wow:

Fatboy club fukkery:wow:

Skarsgard's suits:wow:

the amount of planning that had to go into the traffic circle in Paris:wow:

that overhead view with the shotgun:wow:

fukkery at the steps:wow:

Wild West duel:wow:

Last edited:

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
"I am Klause!" :wrist::wrist::wrist:
- The randomness of this character had me :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I'll put money the Caine spinoff will begin with a fight between him and Akira, but the High Table will make him pay for helping John by having the 5 Deadly Venoms (:banderas:) kill his daughter right in front of him so the cycle continues
:ohhh:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
A younger Donnie yen would’ve made a great Spike Spiegel, he reminded me of him when he was eating noodles while everyone was fighting
When he was young he actually auditioned for the Role of Bruce Lee in dragon the Bruce Lee story. Would have been dope if they picked him over the Hawaiian